Dragon Eyes Sketch + Instructions

Orb Eye (Top Left)
Reminder: Make sure it looks glassy to give it a powerful/ Alien look.

Round Pupil Eye (Top Right)
Reminder: Depending how much light is hitting the eye, the pupil should be smaller if a lot of light is shining on it and larger if the light is dimmer.

Reptile Eye (Bottom Left)
Make sure the colour around the pupil is lighter then the pupil's colour.

Jewel Eye (Bottom Right)
When you shade your eye, the planes of the facet maybe left in the shadow or bright highlights, giving it a mosaic effect.

Complex (From book) Instructions. (Simple Instructions is in next page.)

Step 1) To begin draw a circle so you know the bounds of the entire eye, independent of the socket and face it would be sunken in. Inside the orb of the eye, draw another circle for the iris.

Step 2) Draw the brow and eyelid around the eye. Put a tear duct in the inner corner created by the eyelids. Consider whether you want the skin around you eye to be wrinkly, sealed or smooth.

Step 3) Clean up your sketch and remove any stray construction lines. Refine your drawing and add in any last minute if you wish.

Step 4) Colour the eye

Simple Instructions

Step 1) Draw a big circle, this will be the size of the eye. Draw a smaller inside of it, this will be the pupil.

Step 2) Draw the brow and eyelid around the eye. Add tear duct, and think, is my dragon going to be wrinkly? Sealed? Smooth?

Step 3) Erase what doesn't belong, then trace everything again. If you want, add some last minute detail.

Step 4) Colour!

Next up!
Dragon Ears