Chapter 16

A shot rang through the crisp autumn air. Then a cry.

William Stromberg stood staring at the grey wolf, hatred in both of their eyes.

"This is for my son," William spat, before shooting another bullet into the wolf's gut.

The wolf collapsed, not a sound coming out of it. William grinned wickedly.

William's companions cheered; finally, the beast was dead.

Their celebration was cut short when a loud howl pierced the air. The men froze, rifles in hand.

"There's another?" one man asked, shocked.

Just as he said that, a white wolf jumped out from the bushes. It took one look at the wolf on the ground, then turned towards the men. It bared its fangs.

One of the men screamed. This wolf was bigger (and more terrifying) than the other.  The men started to run away.

The wolf jumped forward, latching its mouth onto William's arm. He dropped his rifle and screamed. The wolf clamped onto his arm, sinking its teeth through the flesh.

William fell over, blood pouring out of his arm. The wolf let go, blood on its snout. It growled in William's face, hot air and saliva dripping out of its mouth.

William stayed paralyzed in fear.

This is how I die, he thought.

He waited for the strike, to be another victim of the beasts in the forest. To die like his son.

Instead, he feels the weight come off him. The wolf, with its stone cold silver eyes, stared daggers at the man. William scampered to his feet, unsure if he ran if the wolf would chase after him.

The wolf growled at him, barking. William scurried away, screaming.

The white wolf looked down at the body of the grey wolf. Dinah started crying, It looked really bad.

Camila looked dead.

Chanch... Dinah cried. Wake up

Camila said nothing. Her eyes were clamped shut, blood pouring out of her stomach. Her chest wasn't moving.

Where are you? Ally demanded. I'm coming over with Zayn right now

Lauren and Normani are with me, Bea said. They have no idea what's going on

Bring them back to the house, Bea, Luke ordered. We don't know if all of the hunters left yet.

Camila isn't... dead, is she? Shawn asked.

Dinah couldn't answer. She whined, nudging the body of her best friend.

Wake up, she begged. Please, Camila... wake up

~~

Flashback

"Come here, mija," Alejandro called over. He and his six year old daughter, Karla Camila, were hiking through the Blue Moon forest. He decided to stop on top of a hill that looked out over the trees, and parts of the lake.

"Papi, my feet hurt," the child huffed, placing her backpack on the ground. She climbed into Alejandro's lap, sighing at the pretty view.

"I love the forest, Papi," Karla said dreamily. The little girl watched the peaceful forest, the autumn wind blowing through her hair.

"Mija, there is something I need to talk to you about," Alejandro said. The girl frowned. Her father's tone sounded serious.

"Papi, what is the matter?" the child asked.