Chapter 3: Followed

Do you know that feeling when you feel like someone is following you and you want to know who it is but doesn't make a move to do so because it's late at night and you're afraid they might be rapists or murderers? Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now. I have this feeling that someone is following us. And what I mean by us is me and my soul. Yes, I know. Drake already went home and he offered to take me home but I politely declined because I still have to buy new paints since Jessica told me to buy some.

Stupid paint.

I don't like what I'm feeling right now. It's making me feel nervous and scared. If only Jessica told me earlier to buy her paint, I wouldn't be feeling this right now.

And again, stupid paint.

I heard footsteps behind me and that's when I'm sure about my theory that there is someone following me. I quickened my pace and so did the person behind me. I was about to run, when someone wrapped its arm around my waist and covered my mouth. Luckily, I got away from his grip and put the paint in front of me.

"I have paint and I'm not afraid to use it!" I threatened until I realized what I said. Paint? Seriously? I have paint and I'm not afraid to use it? Amber, could you get more stupid?

Even though paint is all I have, I still didn't lower my guard and put it in front of me, gripping the paint tighter.

Then, I heard chuckles and laughter coming from in front me, but I didn't see the face due to their faces being hidden in a dark shadow. I lowered my paint slightly and looked at them confusingly. But when I remembered what's going on, I freaked out once again and raised the paint again.

So there's more than one person following me. They could be rapists! Or murderers! Or thugs! Or a bunch of freaks!

Oh my God, Hannah and Stacy are right. I should have never told them they're overreacting. I'm going to be abducted or raped or murdered and no one would be there to help me. I'm too young to die!

When they stepped closer, I screamed and closed my eyes. I screamed and screamed—and a high-pitched one, if I may add—that it could make you deaf just by listening to it for a few seconds. I'm even almost deaf just by own screaming. My eyes are still close until I felt someone hold my shoulders.

I stiffened and my screaming went from bad, to worse. My voice will definitely be raspy tomorrow because of my screaming.

That person covered my mouth and I peered my eyes open, surprised to see my two psychotic brothers, my twin brother's stupid flirty friend, and my annoying cousin looking at me in irritation.

"God, Ams! Do you want us to be deaf?" Zyljan asked while wincing from my screaming.

"Well I'm sorry if screaming is the only thing I can think of to save my life." I muttered sarcastically, making Zyljan glare at me. I can't believe it's just them! What the hell came into their mind to make them follow me? I swear, they are just too over-protective.

"And seriously? You thought some rapists or some thug or whatever you thought was going to abduct you and you decided to use paint as your weapon?" Austin asked with an amused expression plastered all over his face.

I went red and looked away from them. "It's the only thing I've got!" I defended while crossing my arms and biting my lip.

"You're definitely crazy. You can't kill someone with a paint." Chase said with a chuckle and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Well crazy runs in this family." I muttered and started to walk away when someone held my arm, spinning me around to face him, but I kept my gaze locked on the hand holding my arm. I averted my gaze to look at the person that held my arm, and it turns out to be Austin.