CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Professor Sprout gathered the students of Hufflepuff and had them all form a line, starting with the youngest students in the front and the seventh years in the back

Professor Sprout gathered the students of Hufflepuff and had them all form a line, starting with the youngest students in the front and the seventh years in the back. She made her way down the line to make sure everyone's robes were wrinkle-free, stain-free and also making sure that everyone was accounted for. It seemed all the Heads of Houses were doing the same thing, although everyone could hear Professor McGonagall from down the way, scolding several Gryffindor students over their appearance.

Tucked between Marnie and Cedric, Eleanor could feel her own surge of excitement as they all came to stand outside and wait on the arrival of their guests. Of course, she wasn't the only one as everyone seemed to be talking around her, trying to keep a lookout for their arrival. When she looked over at one point, she could see where Cho was looking in their direction, with a blushing smile and when Eleanor peered up at Cedric, he was grinning like an absolute fool. Slightly concerned, she dared to look over her shoulder to see Marnie's reaction.

However, it seemed Marnie remained true to her word of no longer fancying Cedric, as she was busy looking over her nails in boredom.

Perhaps she had been telling the truth, and while there was a slight onset feeling of disappointment that her best friends weren't going to end up together, Eleanor was happy that Marnie had and continued to make the effort to move on from it all. With her own smile forming, Eleanor turned her head in the opposite direction where she saw Fred and George standing together with Lee.

She was just about to look away when Fred caught her staring and offered a rather dramatic wave in her direction. And despite only being apart for the last hour or so of the day, she waved dramatically in return as if she were part of the Royal family greeting commoners in passing.

"I swear, the two of you," Marnie said from behind, "if you could be any more obvious about your displays of affection and you want to keep telling me that you're not together. Have you asked him out yet?"

Eleanor suddenly stopped waving and placed her hand back down to her side before turning to Marnie.

"No, I haven't asked him. I've just been waiting for the right time, that's all."

"The right time?" Marnie whispered. "When's that? After you two are married and have children of your own?"

Before she could respond, the conversation, among many others, was placed on hold as Professor Dumbledore's voice called out over the clearing.

"Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!"

Immediately, heads began turning in all sorts of directions, trying to figure out what direction they were coming from. It was only when one student called out "THERE!" while pointing up at the skies. And that's when Eleanor saw it, whatever it was, flying through the skies over the Forbidden Forest. As it grew closer, she could finally make out what it was, a gigantic, powder-blue, horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring towards them, pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, and each the size of an elephant.