Chapter 19: New beginnings

As I slowly opened my eyes the next morning, I noticed a difference in me, but I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I stretched out on all fours, and I began to prowl around for something to eat. As I was roaming around the area, I began to realize something strange. It was like the wild life in the forest, was responding to my every move. Trying to get closer to me. The trees would bend towards me, the flowers blooming with life as I approached, and the birds were flying about like they were trying to get noticed by me. It was beautiful but weird.

"What the H is going on?" I asked myself, as I made note of all that was happening around me.

"We've given you our gifts." Said a soft mystical voice inside my head.

"what gifts?! I already have a gift that I am still trying to understand!"

"We know child, but this is your destiny. You now possess the ability to bend nature and all living animals to your will."

"How am I supposed to control it?"

"You must keep your mind clear, at all times. If you're not careful, your anger could cause earth quakes, your sadness, disastrous floods. So you must stay in control of your emotions, and always be aware of your connection to the earth, because it is now yours to protect."

"That is a lot of responsibility for just one person, why did you give it to me?"

"Your heart is pure, and it is time that nature had a guardian, and the goddess chose you."

Right then, my wolf's stomach growled, and I whined in hunger. It was at that moment that I remembered that I hadn't eaten in two days, and that thought made me feel even hungrier.

Suddenly three fish jumped out of the pond, and started to squirm for air, as they landed on the luscious ground.

"You must eat child, you have a long journey ahead."
I didn't wait a moment longer, I pounced, ripped the fish with my sharp canines and feasted.

"We need to get out of here." My wolf urged, knowing the dangers of staying here to long.

"I know." I did a full turn of the beautiful forest that I was surrounded by and tried to communicate to the spirits that I would do my best, then...

I ran.

Zachary's POV

I left the compound yesterday morning feeling like I was forgetting to do something, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Now looking at the empty unlocked room before me, I remember what it was that I forgot. When it finally set in that she was gone, I shifted and fought with three of my men. I killled all three of them, but I wish one of them could have succeeded in killing me, because I'm as good as dead anyway. Once Mr. Spade finds out that his precious Luna is gone, I know, without a shadow of doubt, that I will cease to exist.

I need to hurt someone, I love the sound of bones breaking at my hands. I storm out of the empty room "Ben!" I yelled through the mind link.

"Yes, Alpha"

"Meet me in my office, I need to talk to you."

"I'll be there in two minutes." I shut off the link and made my way to my office, deep in thought about how I was going to get the girl back. If I want to stay alive, I need to find her. As I stepped into my office, I found Ben waiting in the corner for me to arrive. Ben and I go way back, I guess you could say he is my second in-command, but he has changed a lot in the last two years. He always seems so withdrawn, like he is mourning something, but I have no time to do any soul searching with him, this is business.

I walked around my desk and sat down, keeping my eyes on Ben the whole time. "Have you tracked her scent yet?" I asked quietly.

"No, it rained last night, and her scent is completely washed away." Ben shifted on his feet, and leaned back against the wall

"How did she know that we weren't going to here yesterday Ben, you said something to her before you left the room, what did you say?" My voice was still very calm and matter of fact, but I know that his response could very well change that, in fact it could end up in his death, but I wasn't sure yet, I've got to think about it some more.

Ben's eyes flashed with anger "Speak bluntly, if your going to accuse me of something." He said in a deathly calm voice.

I stood up quick and got up in his face, "Did you tell Claire, that we weren't going to be here yesterday?" I said this in a low voice, and Ben pushed me lightly away, which I allowed him to do, and growled "No, All I said was that I deserved this!" He pointed aggressively towards himself, and started to leave my office.

"What do you deserve?" I asked, curious to why he was expressing this much emotion.

He turned to look at me, his eyes dull again, and said darkly "This never ending depression." With that he pushed the door open and left. Now I have even more questions, than I did before. If Ben didn't tell her, than how'd she find out, and How did I manage to forget to close all of the doors in this place yesterday? It's so unlike me, and something that I have never done before. And for me to coincidentally do it on the day we were all not going to be there, which Claire some how figured out, it's too much of a coincidence. One that I will figure out, but in the mean while, I have a wolf hunt to organize, and Claire just so happens to be the wolf we will be hunting.

"Get ready Claire, 'cause I'm coming for you."

Claire's POV

I've finally made it. I'm on the outskirts of the packs territory, but I am not sure if I should still be in my shifted form when I enter.

"No, they mustn't know that we are a natural born Luna. You must enter as a human."

"But won't they still be able to smell our strength, even when I'm human."

"No, I'm going to go deep inside your mind and body so they won't be able to sense me. To them you will appear as an Omega, or one without a wolf."

"Then what will give them a reason to accept me into their pack? I have nothing that will benefit them."

"Tell them that you are in need of a pack, where you can really belong, and offer them the use of your gift. They are in need of it."

I took a deep a breath, hoping that this was not going to end in disaster, and I stepped into the pack territory.