𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. SOMEONE TO WITCH OVER ME

˖*°࿐chapter seventeen

˖chapter seventeen.
xvii. SOMEONE TO WITCH OVER ME

———

janelle

Learning that your child will eventually become the future destruction of the world isn't exactly easy information to take in. Especially when you're the mother of that child. I don't even know what I'm meant to do with that. I don't know if I can stop it, or at least prevent it from happening. All I wanted was the chance at starting a family, and now that chance might have been ruined because of one little interference.

I've chosen not to tell anyone about this because I don't want it to get back to Klaus. We're sort of on speaking terms, but if he knew what was going on, he'd drop everything again just to come back here. And I don't particularly feel like dealing with that again.

Anyways, being as Elena and I are friends now, I decided to be a nice person and go down with her to Jeremy's high school. Also, Damon was running a bit late.

"Principal Weber, I know that graduation isn't for a few months, but Jeremy just got accepted into this great art school." Elena handed over Jeremy's exception papers to him.

"Jeremy Gilbert? I don't think so," Principal Weber shook his head. "Not with his academic record."

"What's wrong with it?" she asked.

"You have a few hours?" he retorted as Elena sighed. "All right. Let's start with drug use in his freshman year."

"You mean the year that his parents died?" I spoke up, making him back down a bit.

"Okay," he nodded. "So, what's the excuse for the next three years of woeful attendance?"

"Extracurricular activities, health, and fitness, that sort of thing," I stated with confidence. This was easier than I thought. "I mean, did you see how scrawny he used to be?"

"No. But I do recall the four months where he faked his own death."

Okay, not so easy.

I bit my lip, "Funny thing about that, he actually didn't fake it. He went to this island off the coast of Canada in search of this cure for vampirism, and Jeremy —"

"Janelle," Elena exclaimed with widened eyes.

"Is this some sort of joke to you?" Principal Weber questioned, clearly ready to be done with this conversation.

"No," Elena blurted out quickly. "Look, Jeremy has had a rough time here. I know, but that's part of the reason why we want him to go." I nodded, agreeing with her.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't let that happen," he said.

I gave him fake, understanding smile before freezing him right on the spot. "Now, can we try this my way?" I asked Elena.