Chapter 2

pic on the side by AaliyaKhan

****

"I don't remember the moment I tried to forget

I lost myself, is it better not said?

Now I'm closer to the edge."

Chapter Two

I was running in the forest in human form, I loved feeling the ground beneath my bare feet, holding me there, keeping me captive.

The sounds in the forest surrounded me, making me aware that there was something beyond me. The chill of the air on my skin, letting me know that I could feel, Even if it was the bitter cold. I was used to cold. It comforted me in ways you would not understand.

All of a sudden the atmosphere changed, and turned into something completely different something dark. Blood now covered my feet, the cold now turned icy, and the sounds of the forest turned into something dark. But I continued to run, feeling as if something pulled me towards it, my lungs giving in but I welcomed the pain, it was overwhelming so exhilarating, I longed to feel this in reality, the feeling of being alive.

Then I saw it, bodies of wolfs and those in human forms, lying on the ground. Dead, all I could see, smell, taste and touch was blood, it consumed everything.

I heard a scream and I turned towards it, there my mother stood, bloodthirsty rogues surrounding her, closing in. Already celebrating their victory by the gleam of satisfaction in their eyes.

I tried to move to go to her, to save her when the wolfs moved in sync, jumping and ripping her pierce from piece letting out gratified howls as they tore her apart. I tried to move, to look away but something held me there.

Then I heard my father whisper in my ear, "You did this to your mother."

****

I woke up in a cold sweat, looking at the clock on the side, four am. 

Great, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and I had school in four hours.

I sat in bed, awake; staring at the yellow ceiling I hated so much. I wouldn't let myself think of the dream; I blocked it out, along with everything else.

I made sure I was numb again.

I didn't need to feel.

Feeling was overrated anyway.

By the time I finished withdraw myself it was time to get ready for school.

I head to the shower, then throw on a pair of jeans, a top and put on a pair of sneakers. Leaving my hair to dry curl and grabbing my bag. Going down the stairs I hear my grandparents chatting happily with each other, something I remembered my parents doing when I was little before my world turned to shit.

"Good morning Honey!" they said cheerily.

"Did you enjoy the barbeque last night?" my gran asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Sit and eat." My grandfather said, putting a bowl of fruit in front of me.

I didn't complain as I popped a strawberry in my mouth, almost moaning at how deliciously sweet they were, along with all the fruit in the bowl.

"Sage, Nate will come around and give you a ride to school as well as show you around, so you it's not so scary for you starting a new school." My gran said.