Chapter 19: Telling Micah

Welp. How is everyone doing???????

Good? Bad? Sad? Mad?

Hey that rhymed!

I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

Wow. That was lame and I'm ashamed.

Damn. I really need to stop.

Anywhore. On with this chappie!

--------------------------------

Jack

I took another deep breath and pressed Micah's name, causing the call to start.

Ring...Ri-

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN!" Micah screamed. "EVERYONE HAS BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU. DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE WERE THINKING WHEN YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR WORK THIS MORNING?"

"Micah?" I asked with a sigh.

"AND TO THINKT THAT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE."

"Micah?" I laughed.

"LIKE YOUR PARENTS GOT YOU ONE FOR A FUCKING REASON!" Micah continued to scream. "WHEN IT RINGS, YOU PICK IT UP, SLIDE YOUR FUCKING FINGER OVER THE BOTTOM, AND ANSWER IT!"

"Are you done?" I asked.

I rolled my eyes at Micah's pause.

"Yes." She finally answered.

"Good." I laughed. "I will explain everything. So that means you need to get your little butt over here."

"Hey. My butt is not little!" Micah huffed. "And on my way babe."

I rolled my eyes and ended the call.

"What do you want to eat Cri-" I jumped as the doorbell rang.

Damn Micah. That was fast.

I ran over to the door and flung it open with a smile.

"Mica-oh. It's you." I said as I narrowed my eyes at Hank.

"Luna." Hank said sadly. "I just wan-"

"Stop." I said with a glare. "Right now."

"Okay." He mumbled as he looked down.

"I am so disappointed in all of you." I said as hurt laced my voice.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." Hank said sadly.

"Funny." I scoffed. "That's what River said. Do you know how hurt I was when I realized all these lies?"

Hank looked up and met my eyes.

"I can only imagine." He whispered.

"That's the problem." I said with a glare. "All you guys do this shit without thinking. No one knows what I went through. When you came to my door that night saying my parents sent me a butler who also acted as my bodyguard, I had some hope. It was stupid of me. But I had hope."

"Hope?" Hank asked confused.

"Yes." I spat. "My parents don't give a damn about me. They never have. Even when I was younger. They were always too busy to even look in my general direction. So when you came to my door saying that my parents sent you to take care of me, I had hope that maybe, just maybe, they cared about me."

Hank looked surprised. "I-I didn't know that. I-I didn't know you went through that as a kid."

"No one fucking knows that. Because I don't talk about my feelings. It makes you look weak." I said with narrowed eyes as I remembered what my dad always told me. "So when you said that they sent you, I got some hope. But it was false hope. No one gives a damn about me in my family besides my grandma. No one. I knew this was too good to be true. They never gave a damn about me when I left for college. So why start now? And how dare you come to my door and lie to my face about how my parents sent you."

"I-I." Hank stared but I cut him off when I took a step towards him.

"So the next time you want to lie to someone and make up some shit story, know the person first. Okay?" I asked before I slammed the door in his face.

"Luna I-"

"Leave me alone!" I yelled as I slid down the door and on to the floor.

I felt my butt touch the cold floor and I brought my knees up to my face while resting my elbow on them.

"Okay." Hank whispered as I heard his footsteps fade.

I let out a sob as my head fell into my hands.

I can't show my emotion like this to anyone.

Flashback

I pushed myself off the ground and ran over crying to my daddy as he sat on the bench with phone in his hand as he looked over a file.

"Daddy." I sniffed. "That boy pushed me on the ground and I hurt my knee."

My daddy sighed as he continued to type away on his phone.

"Jack what did I tell you?" He asked as he didn't even spare me a glance.

"I-I don't remember." I said as I sniffed again.

"Don't show your emotion. You won't make it out there in the future. Emotion is for the weak." He said, still not looking at me. "You look weak when you let your emotions out Jack. How do you think your mother and I became so successful?"

"By not showing emotion?" I asked as I tried to get my knee to stop bleeding.

"Correct." My daddy sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

"My knee won't stop bleeding." I mumbled as I sat on the ground and picked up a leaf.

I used the leaf to wipe away the blood that was trickling down my tiny shin.

"Let it. It shows that you are strong." My daddy said as his phone started to ring. "This is Mr. Banks."

I sighed as he walked off, answering whoever it was on the phone.

He never paid attention to me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to look up at my very best friend.

"Come on Jack." Georgia said as she skipped over so that she was in front of me. "You still have me as a friend."

I smiled up and took her hand. "I know I can always count on you."

End of flashback.

I scoffed at the memory as more tears streamed down my face.

Leaning against the door, I let my head roll back and shut my eyes.

I don't know how long I spent like that, but I heard knocking on the door again.

"What?" I asked hoarsely.

I cringed at how pathetic my voice sounded.

All cracked and soft.

"It's me." Micah mumbled as she heard my pathetic voice.

I stood up and wiped my eyes on my sleeve.

I opened the door and saw Micah standing there.

She gave me a soft look before stepping in my house.

"Oh babe." Micah said sadly as she pulled me into a hug. "What happened?"

"Men lie." I cried. "And they hurt you and break your trust."

Micah pulled back and walked us both to the couch.

"Tell me what happened." Micah said softly as she sat down next to me.

I took a deep breath and told Micah.

Every single little detail and didn't leave anything out.

--------------------------------

Damn. I want a Micah as a friend lol.

She is awesome!

Keep the comments alive and the votes too!

Love you all Faithful Shifters!

-MommaShifter