Maybe Lindsey Should Have Done the 'Trust Me' Part in I'm Not Okay.

"Please stop freaking out over this. All you have to do is not rape the guy and you'll be fine." These were Lindsey's words of wisdom after Gerard had spent the past twenty minutes of their lunch break explaining everything that had happened in their first two periods. 

"You don't understand. I'm going to freak him out or something, he'll end up hating me I can already tell." Gerard was not in the state of mind to be optimistic and would much rather go home and curl up and have a nice comfortable melt down instead of sitting on the back steps of his school. 

Lindsey sighed, "Come on Gee. It's going to be fine. Trust me, if he's willing to spend time with you already he obviously isn't a dick and wants to make friends with you." After a minute of thinking she added, "And let's be honest here I don't really think you are in any position to reject a new friend."

"Especially one that's look like Frank." Gerard muttered in response, placing his chin on his knees that he had drawn up to his chest.

"Yeah. Especially ones that look like Frank. But I get the feeling ones that look like lil' Frankie over there will be more than friends."

At the use of 'over there' Gerard looked up, his heart dropping out his ass when he seen, as Lindsey so poetically put it, lil' Frankie, making his way over to them. Gerard sat frozen, only pulling his gaze away to the sound of Lindsey's words finally getting through to his brain.

"Jesus Christ Gerard. Stop staring like a fucking deer in the head lights, act chill and don't freak out. He's only human, got that."

"Y-yeah. Human." Gerard stuttered his response, his cheeks glowing as his eyes fell back to Frank, already with them now.

"Uh hey um sorry for interrupting your guys lunch but I really needed a break from all the fake bullshit being thrown at me in there. Do you um mind if I join you?" Frank looked at Gerard with pleading eyes, not that the taller boy needed persuaded.

"Yeah Lindsey and I don't mind at all. Have you guys, I don't know, met yet?" Gerard was incredibly proud he managed to get through one sentence without stumbling over his words but he was pretty sure his face still resembled a tomato.

"I don't believe we have. I'm Lindsey by the way, sorry for not talking to you in homeroom, you were... busy, it seemed." Lindsey smiled an award winning grin, Gerard almost about to stab her. He did not want Frank to fall for her, that thought now making him regret introducing the two.

As Frank and Lindsey went on getting to know each other, she noticed the horrified, worried look her best friend was staring at her with. She just smirked at him, Lindsey was a smart girl, she had her reasons for this, collecting data you might say. Gerard will be on his knees in gratitude when she's done with this little test of hers.

Frank, however, was oblivious to what was going between the two as he and Lindsey continued discussing the school and why Frank had moved. Gerard was just paying enough attention to the conversation in order to learn more about the incredibly hot boy sitting cross legged on the school steps beside him.

"Yeah, my dad got offered some job in some stupid office over near here, and my mum flipped out about travel expenses so basically pulled me and the old man across the city so we could be closer to his new job I guess. Then I wasn't allowed to travel back and forth to my old school and that's how I ended up here. Not that interesting really." Frank relayed the information like he was sick to death of explaining it, and with how nosey teenagers are, he probably was.

"Stupid office job? Quite the angsty lil' shit aren't we." Lindsey cracked, killing herself laughing. Frank only smiled this lop sided smirk, melting Gerard's heart in the process.