Drowning in Your Love

Chapter 29: Drowning in Your Love

Will’s P.O.V

I watched as Lena walked away angrily. The anger wasn’t directed at her but at me. How could I have been so stupid? I let out a grunt of frustration and hit my dad’s car.Kim looked up at me with worried eyes. I couldn’t bear looking at them. They were filled with understanding and compassion. I didn’t deserve those feelings.

Lena had confided her secrets to me, and then I go acting like a jerk. She didn’t deserve my harsh words. She was right. She could handle herself. But for some reason when I saw them talking with each other and Lena looking at him that way, a blinding rage just took over my body. I couldn’t control it, so I immediately started listening in. Then I heard he was trying to get her to steal! That didn’t help his case.

I had to stop thinking about this, because I was getting riled up again.

“Let’s go.” I said gruffly to Kim.

She got in the car without saying a word, which I was grateful for, and I put the keys in the ignition. We rode the whole time in silence. I was cursing myself and that Alex guy, whilst Kim was probably thinking I was over reacting or something.

We got to my house, and I got out of the car. I took my anger out on the car, and shut the door with so much force that I was surprised the door didn’t come off.

I walked into the house, without even responding to my parents greetings. I just marched to my room, and let myself fall on my back in my bad. I stared at my white ceiling as I thought about how Lena and I had been laying in the same position just a couple of hours back.

Kim opened my door carefully, and walked towards me. She sat down on the edge of my bed as she studied me. I didn’t meet her gaze.

“It’s for the best.” Kim finally said.

I turned my head so that I could get a good look at her. I still avoided her eyes though.

“What do you mean?” I asked sullenly.

“You two were getting to close. I’m sure even you noticed that. Your relationship distracted you from the heartbreaker.”

“That’s not true.” I denied. “Don’t blame any of this Lena!” I looked her straight in the eye, hoping she could read my anger at her accusations.

“I’m not.” Kim quickly said. “I’m just saying you’re better of without her.”

“You don’t really believe that do you?” I asked, annoyed that she could even think something so ridiculous.

Kim let out a sigh. “Let’s put on the side for now, okay? I’ve been meaning to ask you. What was that message you got the other night that troubled you so much?”

The memory of the night came back to me and I winced at what I was going to have to tell Kim. “The heartbreaker send me another text. It said: ‘I’m closer then you think’ and then he signed heartbreaker.”

“Can I see the message?” Kim asked.

“Sure. I kept it because I knew you would want to.” I said as I handed her my phone tiredly.

Kim read through the message and clicked around on my phone for a while.

“I can’t seem to get any details out of this message. The heartbreaker is doing a good job hiding its footsteps.” Kim said disappointedly as she gave me my phone back. “I wonder how he got your new number.”