Fifty Five: Voyeurism

Isa wandered out of the bedroom Saturday night, her petite hand resting on her baby bump as she decided that she was in the mood for a cartoon movie and some popcorn in the living room. Still barely the beginning of spring, the nights were still below thirty, and Isaline took the time it took for the commercials to run to squat as low as little Tobias and his living space would let her, grunting as she lifted the fraction of the log before throwing haphazardly in the fireplace as her back immediately started to scream in protest.

Giving up on her legs, she plopped down on the carpeted floor, and reached over, grabbing the lighter with the extended nozzle, setting ablaze the four strips of newspaper she had twisted into long ropes, and placing them atop the log at various locations, adding in some kindling to ensure a steady blaze. As she got up, she made sure that the vent was open.

It wasn't until after Isaline had made herself comfortable on their couch, the comforter from her room back at her house wrapped around her as she sat Indian-style in the center of the couch, that she slapped her hand to her forehead, rolling her eyes as she muttered, "I could have done all that with my mind,"

Too late now. The fire was a-blazin'.

Damned baby brain!
If Adrian were downstairs with her, he would have teases her to no end. She'd been forgetting she could do things different as an immortal a lot, and he found it more than amusing.

A fond smile full of love found its way onto Isaline's lips as she thought of her beloved. That brute of a creature that she called her mate had been having a bad day, and upon returning home from checking on things at one of the clubs, he burst through the front door, and greeted Isa, who had been vacuuming the living room, with an aggressive kiss on the lips that left her reeling.

He then retired to bed after Isa had pulled away dizzily, eyes wide and glazed as she pressed her fingers to her lips.

"Y-You okay?" She remembered fumbling over the words, and getting a tight lipped nod in response, "Fine, Iss; just tired. I'm gonna call it a night."

She'd left him to his own devices, while she tended to her own, and after that, she made her way up to their room, to make sure he was indeed fine, then decided to watch a movie, which was where she was presently.

Just as the opening credits started to roll, and the main characters of the cartoon-a family that consisted of a mother cat and her litter of three- were introduced, Isa heard a loud grunt.

Uncharacteristically loud, to be coming from Adrian.

She frowned, glancing up towards the bedroom where the sound had come from. She invested herself back into the movie after chalking the wayward sound up to Adrian being that exhausted, resulting in the loud snores.

That made complete sense. The more tired Adrian was, the louder he snored.

Five minutes later another one sounded, and the look of worry and confusion returned to the pregnant woman's face. Her curiosity got the best of her; she flew up the staircase soundlessly, and down the hall.

As she was about to tiptoe in to make sure that he was okay, she froze, hearing the same noise again followed by a, "Fuck,"

What in the hell was he doing in there?

She's be finding out shortly.

A wave of something stronger than déjà vu flowed over Isa when she peeked around the entrance to the room, feeling like a sneaking child, and her silver doe eyes widened to the size of saucers at the picturesque sight laid out quite literally for her stormy orbs to feast upon.