20 Kerrie-uh

Jonas~~

At six in the morning, my Order's already gathered below the Estate in the cathedral-sized chamber where we were initiated. Society members who wished to join stand before us.

Every Kerrie-uh that I have been alive for it has always had my father leading the ceremony. Today is the first time it will be me who ushers in the holiday, who holds the silver mask in my hands.

The mask will cover the entirety of my face, but the one I will wear tonight will only cut across my eyes.

A block of apatite in a hexagon prism stands upright on the pillar in front of me, the pillar designed to imitate the gemstone. Apatite represents deceit, a pillar of Kerrie-uh. Not that Kerrie-uh is a day of crime, but rather, a chance to be who you wish to be. Once we have all donned our masks by tonight, we will all be the same.

I close my eyes, gripping the silver mask, and recite the lines that will ring in the holiday.

"Bolee sun ana cana." Let us be them. "Ana sun cana." They be us.

"Bolee soleil da ana soleil, fa soleil ana da." Let me be you, and you be me.

"Date ul ceriaquei freya set ul ceriaquei freyan, tambre dal ma halcina dal." From the day's start to the day's end, we are who we wish.

I place the mask over my face.

Kerrie-uh has officially begun.