Chapter 24 - Let's Find Her

It was over 2 weeks that I had left and Manik was getting restless with each passing day. He knew he was at fault but then he was the Manik Malhotra who never bothered to sorry to anyone and here he didn't even have the scope for it. He missed me and may be his baby too of whom he could not even cherish to be with. He had tried calling me a few times but couldn't reach me. He had thought he would get over me eventually but nothing was helping him. Everything and everyone around him reminded him of me. He was used to seeing me in his kitchen experimenting dishes for him.

A smile crept on his face when he remembered the first time I had made Dhokla for him. He made faces while eating eat. I got so annoyed by his expressions that I pushed him on the floor, sat on him and force fed it to him. We laughed and giggled as he rolled me down and fed me some through his mouth and we went into another love making on the kitchen floor itself. All the moments were memories now, whenever he stood under the shower, slept on his bed, opened the cupboard, entered the conference room, met any one in office, looked at my empty desk, my designs, even saw his mother, I took over him unknowingly. He knew no matter how many times he would ring the bell I wouldn't open the door. He would sulk and suffer silently but still won't confront his feelings for me. Cabir and Mukti both avoided him and that irked him more. He badly needed someone to confide on. Although he had lived his life alone but with me he had walked past that phase and now this loneliness was literally killing him.

"Can we talk now at least", Cabir intrigued him as he was lost somewhere possibly my thoughts.

"Haan bol na", Manik smiled slightly at Cabir's attempt to talk to him.

"I was waiting for you to come to me but you being Manik..it is almost impossible..chal bata what is cooking in that messed up head of yours", Cabir charged hm

"Nothing", he replied with a weightless voice

"Seriously tu abhi bhi nahi batayega..what is wrong with you??when will you admit that you love her??tune uske saath itna bura kia..you insulted her before the whole office fir bhi that girl stuck back till she was done with her work."

"She was no less too..she punched me", Manik claimed softly looking away, he had to come up with something in his defense even if it is as lame as this one.

"Really!!! Like Really aur tune kya kia..you F****** kissed her in front of the whole office, do you have any idea how humiliated she was??"

"I can kiss her anywhere, anytime...she is my girl...", he tried to be commanding but his tone wouldn't support him.

"You know what I can just break your neck for that....tujh jaisa idiot maine aj tak nahi dekha..she is a girl with self respect not your private property who you would be claiming shamelessly in front of the world..agar tu abhi bhi aaisa hi sochta hai then its good that she left you..she is the only person who is capable of affecting you so deeply and also the one who can calm you down..she is the only person who can keep you sane..just look at yourself Manik..you are in a pathertic state right now because Nandini is not around you..but you won't admit it so you deserve this", Cabir spat out all his thoughts and objections in one go.

A moment of silence prevailed around. Cabir lifted his arms up and jerked down in desperation. He gave up and turned back to move out.

"Sorry..I am sorry..I know maine use hurt kia hai in fact tum sab ko hurt kia hai..please forgive me"

Cabir looked at him with an annoying glare "Did you kiss me?? Have you insulted me??..I am not the person you should be saying sorry to", Cabir mocked at him.

"I don't know where she is..I can't reach her"

"Boy you have to put in your best efforts..you owe it to her..you have to do it even if it means looking for her in another part of the world..think Manik think kuch toh bataya hoga usne..about her family, her background or anything that can help us."