Chapter 1: New Start With Old Memories

"Momma, I am a big guy okay? I can get ready by myself okay?" My four year old son said me behaving like a 14 year old.

"Oh so you think you can get ready by yourself huh? Then go prepare your breakfast, I am not going to cook for you. Big boys should know how to cook." I turned my face in the opposite direction so that he couldn't see the smirk playing on my face right now.

"But-but Antonio's mom prepares breakfast for him," He said shuttering. By the tone of his voice, I can say he was on verge of tears. He is such a cry baby in matters concerned with momma, he did not have daddy which made him a momma's boy.

I instantly turned and took him in my arms whispering "Then Antonio sure behaves well."

He replied by saying "I am still a small boy then." which instantly brought a 1000 watt smile on my face. I released him from my tight hold and kissed his cheeks , nose and forehead making him giggle.

"So we will be going to school now then." I said buttoning up his shirt. He just looks a lot like his dad bringing back the memories when I used to button up Samuel's shirt. Samuel did not know how to button up his shirt properly, neither did he know how to tie a tie properly without messing it up. I ponder who actually ties his tie now, probably Alice. A single tear slipped my eye from the heart clenching memory 5 years back.

"Momma, momma." I felt someone shouting in my ear and shaking me vigorously snapping me out of the bitter sweet memories.

"Momma are you okay?" Ethan asked me with concern etched over his sweet little angelic face.

"I am more than okay with you my side."I said him honestly. We both are not a big family but sure are happy family. We share our secrets and sleep together in the same room instead of two different ones which makes our relation as a mother and a son more defined and strong. He is so used to me that he will never think of sleeping without me by his side till he grows up.

He rescued me from the nightmares that I constantly used to have till his birth. I moved almost 8 places on earth before settling in the beautiful country, Spain. Being divorced by a rich and known Billionaire, no one accepted the poor me.

We both got to the driveway of our small yet big enough house.

Ethan instantly ran to the passenger side of the car and I unlocked it. When the beep sound entered his ears, he practically jumped into the car. I chuckled at his cute behaviour and excitement to get to school.

I sat on the drivers seat and backed out of the driveway getting ready for the 10 minute drive to Ethan's kindergarten.

"Momma drive faster, more and more faster." Ethan yelled seeing one of the cars on the road over take us.

"No baby, we should never drive over speed limit." I said using one of my hand to ruffle his dirty blonde hair. He pouted but nevertheless listened to what I said. If it was Samuel instead of me in the driver seat, he probably would've overtaken all the cars till he reaches the kindergarten. He was a rebellious driver, whenever he drove, I silently used to pray to God to keep us alive and safe till we reach our desired place. This of course made Samuel laugh whole-heartedly. This brought fresh tears in my eyes. Before Ethan could notice, I blinked back the tears and controlled myself from breaking down.

I sighed as I saw the school come into view and it is time to say bye to Ethan.

When I stopped the car in front of the school, Ethan instantly got ready to jump out of the car but not before placing a good bye kiss on my cheeks.

"Bye mommy." he yelled.

"Bye baby, I'll pick you up at noon. Don't fight with the kids." I yelled him reminding not to punch or kick someone again leaving me to deal with the wrath of his teachers.