2.6

"What the fuck are you doing!?" Louis says loudly as he feels someone jump on his back- totally not Harry,
who's sitting down in front of him. "What peasant is touching me!?"

"It's the royal joker," Harry teases, reaching over to pinch the pale arm around Louis's chest, earning a squeak from the person.

"Niall," Louis scolded. "Let go of me."

"I just wanted a hug," Niall pouted, plopping down beside Calum.

"You've had enough," Harry answered for Niall. "Don't touch my Louis!"

"I thought we had something special, Harry!" Liam fake-gasped from his spot lying across an arm chair, legs hanging off of the end of it.

Harry rolled his eyes, leaning back on the couch as Louis plopped into his lap.

"Where's Ashton?" Zayn asked quietly as he strummed along his guitar. "I thought he was coming."

"He is," Liam replied, tilting his head so that he could see Zayn. "He said he had to grab something."

"Poor Luke, out with a cold, you said, Zayn?" Niall asked.

"He is," Zayn muttered, wanting a band mate in his presence so he wasn't as uncomfortable. "Michael went to take care of him."

"Aw," Louis cooed, smiling in delight. "And how's your love life, Zayn?"

"Music is my soul mate," Zayn replied without a heartbeat of pause.

"Nice," Liam snorted as he typed on his phone.

"How's your love life going, Li? See any cute boys around?" Louis asked.

"Plenty of guys are attractive, but I'm in for personality," Liam said. "Someone who's funny and loud and unpredictable... Maybe with dimples and bandanas and a love for music..." He trailed off, a shy smile on his face.

"You like Ashton!" Louis gasped, leaning forward with his excitement. "No way!"

Liam shrugged. "We aren't middle school girls, Louis."

"Ashton's straight," Zayn said with a raised eyebrow.

Liam shot him an annoyed look, eyes narrowed. "As if you-"

"Okay, let's not argue," Louis interrupted. "We're here to celebrate the greatest thing on this planet... Me!"

Harry chuckled, pressing a small kiss into Louis's neck.

"Greatest," Calum muttered, rolling his eyes with a small smile on his face.

"Especially since it's almost my birthday!" Louis cheered. "The day your queen was born. We should be celebrating!"

There was a knock on the door and Harry removed himself from the couch, excusing himself to go answer Louis's front door.

"So why'd you invite a bunch of people you barely know to celebrate your birthday?" Zayn asked suddenly, raising his eyebrows at Louis.

"I need more friends," Louis said simply before getting more elaborate when Liam looked confused. "I never really got along with anyone after I came out but Harry helped me realize that I should let people in if they truly want to be."

"Isn't that cute?" Niall cooed, leaning over and pinching Louis's cheeks.

"Shut the hell-"

"Louis!" 

Louis held up a finger and stood up but Harry had already come into the room, two boys following him. Ashton came in, eyes flittering around until they found Liam and then came Ed, who stared at Louis and Louis only.