Make a Wish and Seal it With a Kiss

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tick

I sighed and listened to gentle tick tock that echoed in the room. It was very boring today. There was no Kyo to tease until cats ears stood straight. No Yuki to bug until he gave me one of those twitchy eye looks. And Shigure...well he wasn't much of a loss. Tohru was grieving in peace with her mom. Momiji was at a family gathering for New Year's.

I sat up and groaned. Since when did I need the others? Sometimes I wish I never came here. The things that I found easy now seemed impossible. Like being alone. I found myself seeking Bunny Boy. Or talking to Tohru. Now it seemed like we were on different worlds.

Suddenly my last visit to the doctor flashed before my eyes.

"Ms.Honda? We've looked over the test results and we have discovered the root of your condition." I shuddered and wrapped my arms around my legs.

It was scary to think about. No one else knew. It was almost unreal how-

Tap tap.

I looked at my window to see brown eyes, blonde hair, and a large grin. I yelped and stumbled back.

Momiji opened the window and climbed in, letting out a laugh at the incredulous look on my face. He was dressed in a traditional kimono and strange headpiece.

When I found my voice I looked at him strangely and asked, "Aren't you supposed to be a family gathering or something?"

He giggled, "I snuck out! Aren't you happy to see me?" He pouted, I raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't think you're supposed to skip those things." I flicked his forehead.

"Ouch! Hinaaaaaaataaaaaaa that huuuuuuurt!" He whined.

"Well that's what you deserve." I said pushing him away from my face.

"Aw why are you bullying me?" Bunny ears popped out of his head and went down like a kicked puppies.

I gave him a skeptical look and he turned his watery eyes to mine. I sighed and patted his head. "Fine, I'll let you off the hook." Immediately his grin was back.

"So what's your New Years wish?" He asked when we say on my bed.

I shrugged, "I don't have one."

He gawked at me. "What?!? That's like, the most important part!" This time it was him who sent me a stern look.

"C'mon, let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the window. "Eh? Where are we going?"

"We're going to make a nengajō together!" A New Years card?

And then I realized something to late. "Momiji! We're on the second flo-" I fell through the wind with him. I covered my eyes.

To my surprise we landed on a bush that covered our fall. I winced at my thumping heart.

Momiji was laughing hysterically, "Y-your face!" I flushed and punched his shoulder.

"Owie! Ok, ok. Jeez you're violent. Let's go." He tugged on my hand and we walked through the dark street. Momiji in his weird outfit and me in my pajamas. I shivered at the feel of the cold concrete.

Finally we arrived at the board with cards of wishes. The wind whipped wildly at us. I tried to mask a cough.

"Hm...let's see. What should I write?" Momiji muttered.

I took a card and pen. I bit back a smile and wrote the message slowly with trembling fingers.

'Dear God, pleases let me spend more time with Bunny Boy. Keep my family and friends in good health and keep an eye on the weak. Thank you.'

As I wrote this I felt my head spin. My heart thudded and lurched painfully. I held in my pained gasps and watched as my vision swam.

Momiji suddenly brightened up. "I know the perfect wish!"

He scribbled on the card, beamed, and then read it aloud. "Dear God, please let Hinata and I stay together forever!" He gave me a peck on the cheek and I blinked in confusion. "Now it'll definitely come true! Make a wish, seal it with a kiss!" He winked.

I smiled, "Momiji you aren't supposed to say your wish out loud." I finally fell. I couldn't feel my body.

"Hinata?!" I heard rather than saw Momiji run to me.

"Hinata?!?" I heard the panic in his voice.

Sorry Momiji.

And then there was black.
_______________________

Ok don't get mad at me.🤗 It was a good idea. Sorry but you might have to wait a tiny bit for the next chappy! Ja'ne!