Chapter 11: Shopping for the baby

Aria's P.O.V

Today we are going shopping for the baby. As dad, Jennifer and I piled into one of the many cars we headed off to the store. 

*SKIP DRIVE TO SHOPS*

"Now Aria remember we only came here for your brother or sister." dad reminds me.

"Of course anything for the poor baby." I state annoyingly. 

"Aria attitude." Jennifer explains to me.

"Sorry." I say with my hands up. As we were walking around the baby store, I found some adorable teddies. "Jennifer, dad, what about these for the baby?" I question my parents 

"No Aria, what if the baby isn't a girl?" Jennifer asks. I shrug my shoulders. "The kid won't fucking give a shit." I state

"Aria, language." Dad strictly informs me.

"I'm just stating the truth, gees." I reply

"Go outside and stand at the car until we finish in here." Dad instructs me to do. I quickly run out of the shop and to the bright, red car. After about 20 more minutes of standing at the car door, I finally saw both dad and Jennifer walking happily out of the shops together. "Get in the car." Jennifer tells me after unlocking the car doors. 

*SKIP DRIVE HOME*

"Aria, can you please help me with baby things?" Dad asks me. I simply nod my head in response. Once dad and I got everything inside, we decided to build everything in the spare room closest to the master bedroom. As we were building the crib dad started talking to me. "Aria, what happened today in the shops?"

"I don't know." I inform my father.

"You have to know, you can't just do something without knowing why."

"I'm telling the truth, dad!" I yell in frustration

"No your not, Aria!" he yells back. I quickly get up and storm off to my bedroom. "Aria, get back here!"

"Fuck off dad! You don't understand me!" I yell back before slamming my door shut and laying on my bed. A couple of minutes passed before I heard my door open. "Are you okay, baby girl?" Jennifer asks me before laying on my bed next to me. 

"Dad doesn't understand me." I explain to my stepmother.

"Yes he does. He's just having a bad day, that's all. It's not your fault."

"Yes it is." I whisper to myself.

"Hey, dinner is almost ready, can you try and eat a little bit, for me princess." I frantically shake my head no.