Chapter 15: Emily Hope O'Donoghue

*14th January*

Aria's P.O.V

Boring. Today has been bad and good because my step-mother is currently in the middle of labor. Today was the day I was getting another step-sibling. I really don't want to have another brother or sister. We have been waiting for this stupid baby to arrive for about 4 hours now and I really can't wait any longer. "Dad, can I please get mom to pick me up?" I question my father, who was currently getting his hand broken by Jennifer. 

"I fucking don't care Aria! I don't care about you at the moment, I care about your mother and sibling!" dad yells at me.

"She's not my mother, Lana is and at the moment Sean is being a better father than you!" I yell back before running out of the ward and into the hospital car park. I quickly grabbed out my phone and called Sean. "Hello Ari." Sean says through my phone.

"Sean, can you please pick me up from the hospital please?" I ask my step-dad. After we hung up, I waited until Sean got here. After waiting for about 20 minutes, Sean finally picked me up.

*SKIP DRIVE HOME*

Lana's P.O.V

As I was playing with my 2 kids, I heard the front door open and shortly after I could see my eldest daughter run upstairs crying and my husband walking through the door with worry written all over his face. I carefully placed the twins in their playpen before walking over to Sean. "What happened?" I question him. There was a bit of silence before he answered with I don't know. "Should we check on her?" he asks me.

"No, I think we should let her just do what she needs to do for a bit and then we will check on her." I replied.

*1 hour later*

As both Sean and I stopped at our daughter's bedroom door, I quickly knocked on it. "Baby girl, can we come in?" I ask through the closed door. No answer. I knock again and there is still no answer from Aria. Sean quietly opens the door just incase Aria was sleeping. "Aria!" I scream without realizing I ran over to my daughter's bed. Before holding my daughter, I quickly take the blade out of her hand. "Sean, get the first-aid kit." I inform my husband who quickly runs downstairs to get the kit. "Princess, why did you do that?" I question Ari who has tear marks down her face and tears still spilling out of her eyes.

"Because." she whispers quietly

"Because why?"

"He doesn't care about me." she whispers again

"Who doesn't baby girl?" I ask her. By this time Sean was wrapping both of Aria's arms up in bandages to stop the bleeding, hopefully. 

"Colin."

"What do you mean your dad doesn't care about you, of course he does." I inform my upset daughter

"I know dad cares about me." she states. 

"Princess, you just said Colin doesn't care about you but then said he does. I don't understand." I explain to my daughter

"Colin doesn't care about me." she replies

"But I know daddy cares about me." she finishes.

"Baby girl, who is daddy?" I asked trying to see what she was talking about. Instead of speaking, she just points to Sean. Both Sean and I look at each other with shock. Suddenly Aria's text tone goes off with a message from Colin. Where are you, your sister has been born.  "Who was that mommy?" Aria asks so innocently.

"That was Colin." I reply. She just looks down sadly. "Mommy, I sleepy." she states whilst looking at me.

"How about you get some sleep then and we will be downstairs talking, okay?" Ari just nods her head. Just before Sean and I walk out of her bedroom Aria says something. "Mommy, daddy sing please." We go back to her bed to tuck her in and sing to her. "What song princess?" Sean asks his step-daughter.

"Demi please daddy." she asks sweetly. We decide to sing Nightingale for her as that was one of her favorite songs. After the song was finished, we both kissed Aria and quietly closed her bedroom door and went downstairs to watch tv.