Chapter 18: Trust Issues

Lana's P.O.V

Since Ari's big birthday present, she has slowly started to open up to all four of us again. Even though she hasn't gotten through everything yet, she has talked to us about somethings. "Hey Ari." I say to my daughter who was most likely texting Jared, again. Aria just waves at me and continues to walk to the twins. "Awi! Awi!" Jackson yells.

"Shhh." I inform my baby boy.

"Hey Jack." I barely hear Aria say to her baby brother.

"Awi." Jack says excitedly again. As I start to relax, I feel my husband's arms wrap around my neck and a kiss getting placed on my forehead. "Hey my queen." Sean whispers to me before giving me another kiss but this time on my lips.

"Hey Sean." I reply. As both Sean and I relax together on our leather couch, we watch a movie on Netflix and watch Aria happily playing with Jackson and Madison. 

*6:30PM*

Aria's P.O.V

"Ari! Dinner's ready! Can you please bring your brother and sister in too!" Mom yells from the kitchen. After taking two trips from the living room to the kitchen, we are all sitting at the dining table. Tonight's meal is tacos, great. Once mom had my younger siblings' dinner ready, Sean and I got our dinner. As I got comfortable at the table again, I just looked at the taco. "Aria, sweetie, what's wrong?" Sean asks me.

"Nothing, Sean." I reply very quietly. Mom and Sean give each other look before mom spoke up, "Ari, please tell us what's wrong." I just shake my head and run off to my bedroom. Shortly after, I hear someone walk into my room and lay down next to me. "Are you okay?" Sean asks.

"I don't know." I say barely audible.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he questions me. I don't know why but I nod my head, yes. After a bit of silence, I start talking. "Don't get me wrong, my birthday was the best day in my life but now I can't stop thinking about it. It went too quickly and now I don't know how I can do it anymore." I confess.

"It's okay, baby girl. You just have to let someone in so that they can help you." Sean tells me whilst wrapping his arms around my 'tiny' waist. 

"You don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?" he asks

"I can't just let people in." I explain to my step-father.

"Will you at least try your best, it doesn't have to be any of your parents." Sean explains to me.

"I'll try." I say before informing Sean that I'm going to sleep.

*Next Day-OUAT Set*

Once I placed my personal things in the back of Jennifer and dad's car, I plucked up enough courage to try and let Jen into my life. "Hey Jen." I nervously stated with a small wave.

"Hey princess, is something wrong?" she questions me.

"Uh, yeah, about that Sean and I were talking last night and what I'm trying to say is that I'm tying to let you into my life." I inform my stepmother.