Chapter Twenty Five

After getting a ride to Ally's apartment (which was only fifteen minutes from the coffee shop), Camila and Lauren waited behind the barista as she attempted to unlock her door. It was the demons' first times in a place of living (beside their own home) since they were ten years old and they could already tell things were a lot different compared to eight and nine years ago.

The furniture and interior designs of the building were nothing like they've seen before, there were a lot of new pieces of technology that looked so advanced they didn't think they'd be able to ever work it, and even the people seemed different.

Ally's apartment was cozy and small, just like her. Everything was very well kept and the décor inside was welcoming and relaxing. Just the overall feel of her home made their moods change. It emitted joy from the walls and enveloped them in happiness.

The older girl had a pastel theme to her apartment that matched everything from the inspiring quotes framed on the entryway walls to soft pillows on her couch.

Camila and Lauren watched her hang her keys on the hook next to the door and set her purse on the counter top. "Would you guys like anything to drink?" She asked, slipping out of her shoes and kicking them off. They piled in the corner of the entryway along with a couple other pairs of shoes. "I have soda, water, tea, coffee, lemonade, juice, milk, wine... How old are you guys? Eighteen and nineteen? Never mind, forget I said wine."

The girls chuckle at their friend. "I'll take some lemonade." Lauren tells her, sitting down on a stool Ally had at her counter.

"I'll take a lemonade too." Camila added, slipping onto the stool next to her girlfriend's.

The shorter girl pulled out three glasses and a pitcher full of lemonade from her fridge. "Dinah should be getting here any minute. She went to the store to get some snacks." She informed them before handing over their drinks.

"What movies are we watching?" Camila asked, looking over her glass before she took a nice, long drink of the yellow liquid.

"Well, I have a huge selection of movies you guys can choose from and we can get to that later, but I think we should discuss what's going on with Normani before anything else. It was hard to survive the week because I didn't know how to act with her." Ally told the demons.

Just then, the door opened and in came Dinah with various bags on her arms. "Hey guys!" She kicked the door closed and set down the bags at her feet. She pulled Ally over to give her a quick kiss before hanging her jacket on the hook by the door and bringing the bags to the kitchen to unload. "I hope you all are hungry because I got a lot of snacks."

"I can see that." Lauren chuckles and raises her eyebrows at the cloth bags on the ground.

After getting everything set out on the counters to show, the girls grabbed plates and piled on the snacks they wanted, taking them to the living room area so they could all sit comfortably for their discussion. Camila and Lauren sat on the loveseat in the corner and Dinah and Ally took the couch. Their drinks and plates were set on the coffee table in the middle of both couples.

"So, first things first, how do we act? I've been pretending like we didn't hear what they were saying in the alley for three weeks so I don't think we should change that..." The oldest girl moves her eyes from friend to friend as she talks.

"I've been myself with Derik, too. Still getting on him for being an idiot but not in a way that tells him I know anything." Dinah adds in. "But this issue has a lot to do with you two." She addresses Camila and Lauren. "They're trying to split you guys up, so you should be telling us what to do."