Chapter 7

Bryan and Luke immediately came to the surface as soon as I lifted my hand. I pured some food into the water, and watched them as their small mouths formed tiny ”o”'s as they ate the weird flakes that floated around them. I wish I was a fish, no worries in the world, no stress. Just hanging around with my friend that looks exactly like me!

I took a deep sigh. It was Friday afternoon, the sun was shining and I had absolutely nothing to do. Maybe I should go and buy some strawberries and have a nice dinner tonight. All by myself. Sometimes I really hated living alone. There was no one to talk to, to do things with and no one to help you with the dishes. It was just me and the people on the television. And my goldfishes. When I look at it like that, I realized what a boring life I must have. But I didn't really want to move back to my mum and her new family either. My neighbours weren't that friendly, which is sad because I wouldn't mind becoming friends with some of them. I mean, we live under the same roof!

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone that started to vibrate on the living room table. It was a text. From my dad. I slid my thumb over the screen and read it:

- Hi honey! I'm missing you. A lot! How are you?

Well, I've been better. I hadn't recovered from what happened to me yet, but he didn't know that. He didn't even know that it happened. Well, I'm used to tell this lie so why not stick with that a little bit longer?

- Hi dad! Missing u 2! I'm good thanks. How are you? And how's Miami? Good weather?

I put the phone in the pocket of my jacket and decided to buy those strawberries after all. My phone started to vibrate again. Wow, dad's gotten fast at typing. Finally! I took the phone up again and almost dropped it at once.

The text was not from my dad.

It was a number I've never seen before. I almost didn't dare to open it.

Who knows, maybe it's just someone from school that wonders something about homeworks. Open it Amber!

I followed my inner voice and slid the thumb across the screen again.

My heart stopped. It became hard to breathe. My whole body started to tremble. I could feel tears burning in my eyes, so I closed them. I dropped the phone on the floor, not caring if it would make it through the fall from my hands. I buried my face in my hands and felt the fear washing over me like a tidal wave. I hadn't felt like this since THAT night. I wanted to scream but didn't dare to.

The text said:

- I'm watching you... 

Please Vote and Comment ;)