⎡5⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

When it was time for lunch, I headed to the Great Hall and took a seat next to Draco.

"Hi, Hazel," he said as I sat down.

"Hi, Draco," I replied, putting food on my plate. "Are you ready for flying practice?"

"Yeah. It sounds fun."

"I think when we're in our third year I'm going to try out for beater. It's so dangerous and active." I told him with a smile.

I looked over at the Gryffindor table and saw Ron shoving his face full of food, Harry reading the Daily Prophet, and a boy who I believed was the Neville who lost his toad on the train, looking at something round that had red smoke in it.

A Remembrall! I got one of those for my ninth birthday from James. The nerve of him. Thinks I forget things easily... 

We finished our lunch and headed out to flying practice with the Gryffindors. When we got outside we lined up in two lines. Slytherin facing Gryffindor. I was across from Ron and Draco was across from Harry giving him a glare. Madam Hooch came to the field and she looked at us with her yellow hawk eyes.

"Good afternoon, class," she said walking between the two lines, putting her gloves on.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch," we replied in unison.

."Good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, 'Up!'" 

Easy. James had already taught me. He was one of the beaters on the Slytherin Quidditch team.

We all yelled "Up!" to our brooms. I was the first one to get the broom up along with Harry. I watched as Draco got his broom up on his first attempt.

"With feeling!" Hooch yelled. 

I looked across from me and saw Ron's broom fly up and hit him in the nose. Harry and I laughed.

"Oh shut up guys," he said with red ears.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end," Hooch instructed. We all mounted our brooms.

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2... TWEEEET!" 

Neville was the first to fly up. Everybody began to shout,

"Neville, what are you doing?"

"We're not supposed to take off, yet!"

"Get down!"

"Mr. Longbottom," Hooch said. "M-M-Mr. Longbottom! Mr.Longbottom!"

Neville started to soar away. "AHH! HELP!"