Outside The Lines {5}

“Alright, that’s it. It’s time to call the cops to look for her,” I said, reaching for the phone.

                My dad slapped my hand and I drew it back, pouting at him. He glanced up from the newspaper and sighed.

                “Theo, quit overreacting. It’s only four,” he said.

                “Dad, that is your daughter out there! Aren’t you even concerned?” I cried.

                “She texted me and told me she would be tutoring at the school until 3.30. She’s probably on her way home as we speak,” he said, unconcerned as he dropped his gaze back down to the newspaper.

                “I should’ve picked her up. God, he’s probably trying to put his hands all over here,” I said, pacing back and forth in the living room.

                “Theo, you really need to calm down. Thalia said the boy who was bringing her home is a nice guy,” dad said.

                “Dad, I’m not even sure Dimitri is a boy! He wears make-up and glitter!” I cried. “And he called me cute!”

                “Well if he’s hitting on you, then you really shouldn’t be so worried about your sister,” dad said with a shrug.

                The front door opened before I got the chance to reply. I watched anxiously as Thalia entered the room.

                “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG LADY?” I demanded.

                “Uh…tutoring?” she said.

                “Tutoring ended at 3.30! It is now quarter after four!” I said, narrowing my eyes at her suspiciously.

                “Dimitri had to stop at the gas station. His car was running low on gas,” she said, sitting on the arm of dad’s chair.

                “Dad, tell her she can’t ride home with him anymore!” I said.

                “Ignore your brother. He took a trip to Crazy Town,” dad said. “How was your tutoring?”

                “Some people are so dense,” she said with a sigh. “You wouldn’t believe how horribly idiotic people are when it comes to math.”

                Dad jerked his thumb at me. “Have you met Theo? Believe me Thalia, I know.”

                “Hey!” I whined. “Whatever. I still don’t believe that Dimitri is that smart.”

                “He was so good at tutoring. That guy has infinite patience, and I swear he only knows how to be in a happy mood,” Thalia said.

                “Well from now on, I’ll pick you up,” I said.

                “Theo, cut it out. It’s easier for Dimitri to bring me home. Besides, he doesn’t live too far away from here. Only about a ten minute drive,” Thalia said.

                “Oh my god we’re moving,” I groaned, dropping down to the couch and burying my face in my hands.

                “Theo, why do you hate this boy so much?” dad asked.

                “Yea, seriously Theo. He’s flamboyant, but he’s not a bad person,” Thalia said.

                “He annoys me,” I grumbled, not having an actual reason behind my hatred of Dimitri. There was just something about him.