Chapter 41

Clayton's POV

The trackers and I stop running when we reach a river. Everyday so far since Nic went missing we have tried following her scent — but it doesn't work. Every time we are led somewhere different. Who ever took her sure has a way of masking scents.

My best tracker, Elliott, turns and looks at me with his yellow wolf eyes.

'Let's continue searching.' I tell him through mind-link. He shakes his wolf head and says,
'Alpha, it's no use. We can't grip her scent no matter how many times we try.'

I growl, 'Well try harder.'

He then lowers his head in submission before he turns around and starts out after a new trail with the other trackers.

Right as I am about to follow Damon mind-links me,
'The fighter from your friend Ella's pack just arrived and would like to meet his new alpha.'

'Not now. I'm busy.' I say back to him as I run with the trackers.

Damon mind-links me, but I block him out of my mind and ignore him as I smell what seems like Nicole's scent; the trackers and I run as fast as we can in the direction of it.

We didn't find Nicole. Again. Another day that we don't find her is another day she is in pain.

I growl angrily for not finding her and shift behind a tree. I put on some jeans and shoes before heading inside the pack house from the dark night.
Once I am in the house I start walking to my office.

Outside my office door I can hear Rose talking.

"No, Clayton hasn't had time to do any of that."

Do any of what?

"So he hasn't had time for his lovely mate?"
A male's voice says. I ignore the rest of what he was saying as I swing the door open to find Rose standing a few feet away from a guy with ash blonde hair.

Even more anger fills me as I walk over to the guy a growl at him. My threatening growl didn't faze him as he just stared at me.

"And who is this." I ask/demand. Neither of them answer me as the blonde guy and I stand face to face.

Rose then smiles, "This is Drake-" I cut her off. "Well drake do you have a mate?" I ask him.

He looks at me confused for a moment before he says, "no-" I don't let him finish as I say, "I don't like the fact that you were in a room alone with MY MATE." I growl at him.

He looks at me for a second before he looks past my shoulder at Rose. I turn around and face Rose as she says, "Clay, nothing happened. We were waiting for you to get back from searching-" I cut her off again, "How long has he been here."

Rose shrugs, "I don't know, since about 2:00 pm."

That's about the time when Damon mind-linked me about the new fighter.

I turn and face this Drake guy, "You're the new fighter?" I ask. He smirks, "Yea-" I cut him off.

"Remember that. You are only a fighter. If you ever talk to your Luna again I'll kick your sorry little ass to death." I threaten him. His smirk disappears and he glares at me before he turns and leaves my office.

Once he is out I turn and face Rose.

"If he ever talks to me? What the hell Clayton!"

"I don't need horny mateless wolves talking to my mate."

"They wouldn't touch their Luna, they know what would happen." She says.

We stare at each other quietly for a moment and then she gets it. She raises her eyebrows at me, "Do you think I am going to do something with some guy that isn't you?"

"You did stuff with Ace." I say bringing up the fact that my mate had a boyfriend. I haven't let out any of that anger yet or talked to Rose about how I hate that.
"That was before I knew you were my mate!" She says angry.

"And I know female wolves tend to cheat." I tell her as I think of Blake's mate Zoey. She had a child with Blake, yet she threw herself at me! Eventually Rose might do something like that.

"You don't trust me!" She yells angry. "I would never cheat." She says.

I growl and say, "you might."

Rose stares at me before she walks out of the room. I sigh and sit in the chair behind my desk. As I look around I notice that everything is in order — my once messy desk now has everything sorted in piles and is everything color coded.

I start looking around for the paperwork of allowing Drake to join my pack, but instead I come across a letter saying that Rose and I are invited to the strongest pack in the world's new becoming Alpha party.

I run a hand through my dark hair as I see another letter that Rose wrote saying that we will be there.

'We are not going to that party.' I mind-link Rose.

I wait a few minutes and she finally replies, 'Yes, we are.'

'No. I have far more important things to do.'

Rose doesn't answer and I start looking for the paperwork of that douche joking my pack and finally I find it only to see that Rose has signed it already. Great.

I lean back in my chair and look over at the clock — 11:56 pm. Running on no sleep again, and I think I can last one more night.

I then start marking down where the Trackers and I have searched for Nicole.