Only Human, Yet so Powerful.

LOKI

        She closed her eyes. Instinctively, I lay my head on her chest and sighed in relief when I heard aheartbeat. She was well. Injured but still alive and I was more than grateful for that. I wiped a stray tear from her cheek that had fallen before she had gone unconscious. I glanced up at the dark, night sky. "Thank you, Odin," I silently thanked. If it weren't for him giving me back my powers, I don't know what I would've done.

          "What was that?"

          "Did you hear that scream?"

           "I think it probably came from one of the rides."

          I shifted Eryn in my arms, trying to make her as comfortable as I could. I had to get out of here before people would show up in search of the reason behind the scream. I don’t think anybody saw or at least hope they didn’t. It was dark, and the window she fell from was obscured by trees and other buildings. Thor met me at the lobby worried. "Should we call the others?" He asked, staring down at Eryn.

            "I believe we should."

             "But what will we tell them?"

            "The truth." I simply stated, exiting out of the elevator and away from the horrid music. Thor was by my side as we walked down the hall to my room.

                "But what about you? If they find o-"

            "Eryn's safety matters most." I interrupted, stopping in my tracks so Thor could open the door. Once in the room, I carefully laid her out onto the bed. "Where did he go?" I demanded, knowing that Thor would understand what I meant.

          "He went through the portal before I could do anything. Is it the Chituari who are up to this? If it is, then I swear to you that we will put a stop to this before it gets worse...What happened to your hair?"

            "Eryn dyed it when she took me in."

           "No, I knew that. Your hair has returned to its natural color."

         I ignored Thor as I examined Eryn. She had bruises forming on her neck already and a cut across her right cheek. My eyes flashed to her left wrist where scratches were made, and I gently picked it up. 

                "Is she alright?" Thor asked loudly into my ear.

                 I jumped, almost injuring Eryn's wrist further more. "Thor, do not advance on me like that!" I scolded, receiving the second apologetic look from him today.  "Her wrist isn't broken, but I think it’s sprained… Thor, I don't think I can do this anymore," I told Thor, as I used my free hand and placed it over her wrist. She wouldn't have been hurt if it weren't for me. She wouldn't be a target for Thanos if it weren't for me.