Thirty Two

Jack left me alone like half an hour ago. He said something about getting us food, but maybe he's running other errands. I don't want to be nosy because we all know what happened the last time I was.

Music plays from my laptop in the living room and I'm scrolling through different pages. Looking at wedding pictures and everything. I think I want to have it after sophomore year of college.

So I can get everything out of the way and not be distracted from school. I'm so excited and it's so far away though. The song I'm listening to literally reminds me of Sam's personality. I should pay him a visit later.

The doorbell rings and seeming that I'm the only person in the house, I have to be the one to open it. I pause the song and walk towards the front door. I swing it open and Sam stands before me, looking angry.

"You and Jack, huh? What the hell is that about?" His voice raises and I can immediately see a vein stick out from his neck.

He steps into the house, making me step back. He shuts the door behind him and I continue to backpedal. I shouldn't be scared of Sam, right? He'll understand because we weren't really anything serious.

Sam narrows his eyes at me as we're down the large hall, "I had to find out from Johnson that you two are engaged. Got engaged while we were together?"

Together?

"I was going to talk to you later today." I stop once I reach the kitchen, holding my hands up in defense.

He throws his head back in laughter, "later today." He mocks me. "Couldn't tell me earlier? Maybe a text or something?"

He steps right in front of me and our proximity is making me super uncomfortable. Just because of the situation we're in at the moment. I bite my top lip, looking down at my feet.

"I wanted to tell you in person and not be lame through text." I look up at him.

Sam lets out an aggravated sigh and eye roll, "bullshit."

"Why do you even care so much? It's not like there was something actually between us." I say.

"Are you fucking stupid?" Sam seethes. "You're the only girl that I thought I had a connection with. I called you babe in front of other people, showed you affection. If we were just fucking, your ass would be kicked out of my house at two in the morning."

"I didn't know!" I honestly say. "Everyone was telling me that you don't do relationships or anything."

"Who's everyone?" Sam questions.

I frown, "okay, maybe just Jack..."

"Of fucking course!" Sam throws his hands up in the air. "You would believe everything he says. You're so whipped and naive."

He swears a lot when he's mad.

"No, I'm not. I've known you for a while now and I honestly thought that too."

His eyebrows raise in disbelief and he lets out a short laugh, "really?"

"I believed Jack too because he's known you since seventh grade." I say.

"Known me since seventh grade my ass. He pretty much hated me because I fucked all of his bitches."

I roll my eyes at Sam's words. Of course he's going to make us look like the bad people and blame everything on us.

"It's because Jack has money to spend on you, right?" Sam asks me and my mouth opens in shock.

Why does everyone think it's the money! I blatantly remember Dylan asking me the same exact thing last year.

"This is why I don't do relationships." He adds, not letting me reply. "Because when I start to genuinely like someone, this would happen. You're such a bitch." Sam says to me and I keep quiet.

There's nothing I can really say or do to make him less angry with me. The things he's saying are true though, I'll admit. His words sink down into my skin and I begin to feel tears prick in my eyes. If Sam hates me, everyone else will.

"Silent? You have nothing to say? Didn't think so." He snaps, turning to walk out of the house. "You were loose and weren't a good fuck anyway." He nonchalantly shrugs, heading out the front door.

What the hell just happened. I slowly walk to a barstool to take a seat, I rest my arms on the counter, laying my head on top of it. I feel the tears begin to spill out and I start sniffling.

Maybe if I knew sam actually liked me, I wouldn't have done anything or I wouldn't have said yes to Jack. I hear the doorknob twist and the garage door open.

"Hey, baby, I just saw Sam leave-" Jack stops himself and it's probably because he sees me being miserable. "What the hell did he do?"

I should be happy because I'm engaged, but then the Sam encounter made me sad. I hear Jack set something down and then rush over to me. His hands go to my shoulders.

"Hey," he says softly. "What happened?"

I look up at him and my face is most likely blotchy. Jack's jaw clenches and his eyes harden when he sees my face.

"What did he do?" Jack asks through gritted teeth.

I shake my head, trying to fix myself, "nothing. He came to give me a sentimental wedding gift." I lie.

"Oh, so he was okay with us?" Jack asks.

God damn he's oblivious.

"No, he wasn't." My voice cracks. "He came and shouted at me. We argued and he left after he said some harsh things. It's okay." I whisper the last part.

"Obviously not if you're crying." Jack says, his hands still on my shoulders, making me sit up to look at him fully. "What did he say?"

I use the back of my hand to wipe my cheek, "he said he actually had feelings for me and that you didn't know shit about him and relationships."

"Then why are you crying?" Jack's eyebrows furrow. "Do you want to be with him?"

"He called me a bitch and said all of these rude things to me before he left." I reply, avoiding that question.

"You didn't answer me." Jack's voice lowers. "Do you want to be with him?"

{vote, comment, share}