7. Spikes and Spares

Nanami POV

My eyes dart around as I walk beside Kuroo, who's just calmly strolls down the street looking around the stores windows....This is so nerve-wracking!!!

I got myself into a date with Kuroo because I left my house expecting to hang out with the team, but nope I end up being trolled by him. I grit my teeth remembering that Cheshire smile of his. Oh how much my mom would kill me if she knew. If Sota was still at home, he would probably laugh at me and then tell me he told me so.

I take a quick glance at Kuroo again. He's acting so casual. What is he thinking? Why does he want to take me out so much? I'm not even that exciting to hang out with.

Kuroo notices me staring at him and smirks. I immediately turn my head to the side to hide my embarrassment.

"Hm~ If you want to keep your eyes on me it's perfectly fine," he says with shrug then snickers. "I know I'm so attractive that you'll drool over me." He says with a mischievous smile.

My face flushes bright red and I punch him on the shoulder. "I'm not going to drool over your bed hair." I retort trying to hide my embarrassment.

"..." Kuroo's eyes widen and he checks himself at a near by store window. "I thought you said you liked my bed hair!" He cries out in shock.

My eyes widen in surprise as I watch him struggle to fix his hair. Pfft. What is Kuroo doing right now? I accidentally let out a giggle.

"What's so funny?! Am I making it worse??" He loudly asks catching the attention of the people around us.

"Pfft. Hahahahaha," I wipe away my tears of joy. "I'm sorry. I'm joking, I like your hair it's only something you can pull off," I grin and he frowns.

"Hahaha you're funny. Nanami you look nice but you're mean." Kuroo sarcastically states. "Don't joke about my hair. It's a serious matter," he pouts.

"Is it really that serious of a matter?" I suspiciously question in a joking manner.

"It is." He answers and then a small smile forms on his face. "But if you say my hair is charming then I'm fine with the way it is." He says and pats me on the head.

My heart skips a beat and I pull away from his touch before my heart bursts. "D-Don't pat me like a kid!" I nervously shout trying to calm my heart down. "A-Anyways where are we going?" I ask holding onto my purse. Why am I following his pace!? I came with him because I didn't want to be in debt, not because I wanted to. 

"Where we're going?" Kuroo repeats my question in thought. He thinks for a while and snaps his fingers like a dork. "Let's go bowling."

"Huh???" I say in surprise. He naturally takes my hand and strings me along with him.

Why bowling????

(Current time - 2:00 pm)

I tie my shoe laces into a perfect bow and glance over to Kuroo who's just trying to practice by air bowling. He's so lame...

I take a bowling ball from the rack and observe the people around us bowling. I wonder why he chose to come here though? There aren't many couples, it's more families and friends. Not that I'm disappointed! I'm just a little relieved that we went here instead.