Chapter Sixteen: The Power of a Woman

It truly amazes me, the power of a woman—the mere ability for a woman to open her mouth and twists the reigns of the universe with just a few words, whether or not they are true or false. Not only does the power of a woman's words amaze me, but Felicity Felix, more specifically, amazes me.

Because I cannot think of anyone who would pull off a stunt such as this with the utmost confidence and contentedness. Honestly, I think this woman is insane.

"Are you serious! That grimy bitch!" Sarah yells at me when I explain the entire situation, from beginning to end, when we arrive back at the manor. She paces the library just as she did when she was on the phone earlier, except she is angry, and I am angry, too, but more reserved about my anger. Why? Because if I show the extent of my anger with Felicity, the paparazzi, and even Kenneth, I would look like an absolute mad woman.

"Her reps refuse to talk to us," informs Lucas from the desk. He sets the phone down on the receiver and stalks towards us with more worry than anger on his face.

"I don't know what we're going to do," Sarah says, stressfully pulling her hair back with her hands. "Maybe we can...maybe we can claim that Felicity is under rehabilitation and she's not in her right mind—"

"Yes, that's good, that can work," I nod, trying to think of something else to add to her suggestion. "I can have Darcy send an anonymous tip to some media outlets about that."

"Guys," I hear Sebastian say behind me. We all ignore him.

"That can cause a full-out bloody war, though. Have you told Darcy to inform the callers that we aren't issuing any comments about the situation?" Lucas asks.

"Yes, I did on the way here."

"Which means we'll have to wait a while before we can do anything, really, considering her reps aren't answering and the situation just started.  Acting too soon may imply falsity in our claims."

"I'll have to write another statement for Sebastian, then?"

Sarah nods, "Looks like it."

"Guys," Sebastian says again with more emphasis.

"Oh!" I snap my fingers excitedly, "Interviews! This is a window for interviews! So many people will be dying to talk to him, and this will give him a chance to open up about everything and play a very well executed victim card."

"That is true," Lucas rubs his eyes, "but what if potential business partners and sponsors see his continuous close-knitted relationship with gossip-media and refuse to want to try and associate themselves with Sebastian because of it?"

"Any media is good media. That leads to good publicity," I argue.

"Hate to admit it, but Coco Puff is right," Sarah says.

I smile with gratitude until it's replaced with a frown, "Wait, Coco Puff?"

"GUYS!"

There's a sharp intake of air from all of us at Sebastian's voice. It was almost as if he wasn't even sitting on the couch in front of us.

Sebastian looks tired and very irritable as he stands up and buries his hands in his jean pockets.

"Look," he sighs. "I know you guys are 'professionals' and you know how to manipulate the media and the press and...whatever. But you aren't taking into consideration possibly the most important attribute in this entire situation."

"Oh really?" I cross my arms over my chest. "And what may that be?"

"Felicity Felix."

Sarah, Lucas and I look at each other, confused. Did our entire discussion completely go over Sebastian's pretty little head?