Chapter 12

*Cleo's POV*

"Luke!!" I chased after him as he walked quickly away from me, towards the room.

We'd been having a gorgeous breakfast at the main hotel restaurant, having a conversation about the Reading music festival we'd attended not too long ago, when I stupidly told him about Calum and our kiss at the club.

I tried to brush it off when Luke became angry and annoyed, pointing out that we're not actually a couple therefore he had no reason to get angry with me. Unfortunately that only seemed to piss him off more. He got up from the restaurant and walked out, leaving me alone. I quickly jumped up and followed him, trying to fix the situation before it ruined our whole trip.

"Luke please slow down! Can't we just talk about this?" I asked him, chasing him through the hotel towards our villa, only a few feet behind him.

"I really don't want to talk to you!" he exclaimed, not even turning his head back to look at me.

"Luke please! Just let me explain!"

He stopped in the middle of the walkway and grabbed my face in his hands, pressing his lips to mine.

"I'm still annoyed but there's paparazzi over there," he whispered against my lips.

"Right," I nodded, slightly out of breath.

"Now let's just go back to the room," he said. As soon as the villa's door was closed he crashed onto the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair, resting his head back on the cushions.

"I know you're annoyed with me but at least let me explain," I spoke up, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Fine," he seethed. I cautiously walked over to him, sitting down on the couch a little bit away from him.

"I don't like Calum like that. We kissed it's not a big deal. We were both drunk, I was pissed off at you because you didn't seem to like or respect my music and Calum said I should get my mind off of you and that he would help me with that, I didn't initially realise that he meant by making out in the back of the club. I know that me being mad at you at the time and the fact that we're not actually dating isn't an excuse, but you've heard what I have to say, I'm sorry. Please don't let this ruin the trip," I begged him. We were finally getting along and of course I had to go and fuck all of this up.

"It's not going to ruin the trip," he said, looking at me. "I get it. I was being a dick, we hadn't known each other for that long, Calum was being the perfect guy, supportive, helpful, everything I'm not. I mean it still sucks to think that you've kissed him but it's not the end of the world. You're right we're not actually dating so it's not like you cheated on me, but it still is a little awkward."

"And I totally get that. Calum and I have talked about it, it doesn't change anything," I assured him.

"Alright then," he nodded. "I'm sorry about overreacting."

"You didn't, it's fine. Are we all good here?" I checked.

"We are," he said with a laugh.

"I'm glad. Now I am going to slip on my bikini, grab my beach bag and go to the beach. Care to join me?"

"I'd love to. I'll go get ready," he said, jumping up and running into the bedroom. I laughed and rolled my eyes, following him into the room.

***

"This sun is gorgeous.." I practically moaned, laying down on my sun lounger, a layer of tanning oil covering my skin.

"It is," Luke agreed. "So much nicer than London. I do love London, but we're Aussies, we need sun." I giggled, turning my head slightly so that I could see him.