Chapter 2: Friday Night Bites Part I

"Good morning, Elena!"

"Hi, Elena!"

"See you in class, Elena!"

Holly pushed back her hair that was blowing in the wind and stared at her twin sister who still had a traced of a smile on her face. As promised Holly had arrived back at Mystic Falls a week after school had started, she had spent the past two weeks in a small motel reading magazines and eating junk food, dreading the day that she had to come back to school and socialize. Sadly, that day had come. "Well, aren't you Miss Popularity."

Elena shrugged. "They are just saying hi, I'm just saying hi back. Maybe if you stopped looking like you want to strangle everyone you meet, people would actually say hi."

Holly shrugged. "Thanks, but I think I prefer being the invisible twin. Speaking of which, what's up with Jeremy I've barely seen him since I came."

Elena let out a frustrated sigh. "He's been hanging around with Vicki, Matt' sister and I don't like it. She's a bad influence on him," she lowered her voice. "Jeremy has been doing drugs again and he won't listen to reason."

"Oh." Holly said guiltily. She had forgotten that when she had been spending the summer with family friends in Denver, Elena had actually stayed there and been a good big sister.

At that moment Bonnie Bennett came running towards them. "Morning," she looked surprised when she saw Holly and she immediately hugged her. "Hey, where have you've been? You missed out on Tanner's welcome back pop quiz."

Holly smiled. "Well, thankfully I won't be missing any more. It's good to see you, Bonnie." This is why Holly liked Bonnie, she didn't pry too much.

The three of them continued walking towards the school. Holly absentmindly listen to their conversation about Elena's latest romance, but to be truthful Holly wasn't that interested. In fact she had been surprised when she and Matt had broken up. Holly had been sure that they would end up married.

While they walked Holly stared at a pair of leaves curiously. Fall was always her favorite season. She stared at the leaves closely, green, yellow, golden brown. The leaves started floating around slightly in the air as if they were flying. But how though? There wasn't any air-

"Holly, you're going to bump into that tree," Elena cautioned as she pulled her sister away. She had become so distracted that she had almost bumped against a tree.

Holly blushed.

A second later a handsome dark haired man approached them. "Good morning, Bonnie. Good morning, Elena." He paused when he saw Holly. "And who is this?"

Elena gave Holly's shoulder a squeeze. "Stefan this is my twin sister, Holly she just arrived from Denver. Holly, this is Stefan Salvatore. He's new to our school."

Salvatore, Salvatore where had she heard that name before. "Hi," Stefan smiled as he offered his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." As soon as Holly shook his hand she was greeted by strange visions. Blood, screaming, torturing, and were those fangs?

"Holly? Holly are you ok?" Elena asked concerned.

Holly nodded quickly. "I'm fine." She said avoiding Bonnie's questionable look. "I just need to go find . . . someone."

Bonnie nodded. "I'll come with you."

Elena watched as her sister and best friend, hurried away from them. Elena gave Stefan an embarrassed smile. "Sorry about that Holly is a little weird."

"No, problem." He said as he rested his hands on her waist. "Why didn't you mention her?"

Elena bit her lip. "It never came up. She stayed all summer with our family friends in Denver, she's not really that sociable, and she's kind of shy." She trailed off. "How about we have dinner tonight all four of us? Me, you, Bonnie, and Holly then you can know her better."