Remind Me Never to get Drunk Again. Part 2

"Uuuuuugghhhhh..." you moaned, lifting a hand to your throbbing temple.

What the hell had happened to you? Had you been drugged, perhaps? Or knocked out by a particularly hard blow to the skull?

Your mouth tasted stale, and the scent of alcohol came from your clothes and hair. Oh shit.

"Bollocks..." you muttered to yourself, squinting as you opened your eyes to the bright sunlight flooding through an open window to your left.

A chuckle came from beside you, and you turned your head slowly to see Legolas sitting on a small stool next to your bed, obviously amused at your discomfort.

"I-"

"Legolas, if you dare to say 'I told you so' I swear to the Valar I will castrate you."

He raised his hands in a mock-surrender pose, and grinned. Actually grinned.

"What are you so cheery about?" you croaked, attempting to close your eyes to stop the room from spinning.

"How much do you remember from last night, (Your Name)?" he asked, his voice sounding slightly wary despite the small smile you could hear in it.

Oh shit. What had you done?

"Please don't tell me I slept with Gimli..." you begged, attempting to stand up, and having to grab the closest thing to you for support, which just happened to be Legolas' shoulder.

The shoulder you were leaning onto suddenly started to shake violently up and down as Legolas laughed loudly. The jolting movements caused an unpleasant feeling of nausea in your lower abdomen, and you immediately stood up and ran to the large bucket in the corner of the room, emptying your guts out.

Legolas was behind you instantly, his warm hands holding your sweaty hair out of your face as you retched into the reciprocal.

"I can promise you that you didn't sleep with Gimli, (your name)" came the elf's voice from behind you, obviously hiding a smile.

Once you felt like there was nothing left to regurgitate, you sat down in a crumpled heap, and stared up at Legolas, eyes bleary.

"Do me a favour. Never let me get that drunk again..."

He only smiled, and helped you stand up, lifting you from under your arms.

"Be ready to go in ten minutes."

Ready to go? Ready to go where?

Oh shit.

The hobbits.

*************************

With your hair slightly resembling a ponytail and the contents of your stomach well and truly cleaned out, you walked slightly unsteadily out of the tavern, to see Aragorn and Gimli looking just as bad as you, if not worse.

The dwarf was leaning on a large tree, his eyelids drooping, a small chunk of bread nestled in his voluptuous beard. Aragorn, on the other hand, was squinting as if he were looking directly into the sun itself.

"When did it get so bloody bright..." he muttered angrily to himself, as he kicked at the loose soil beneath his feet.

"Okay let's go!" came a far too energetic voice from behind you.

Legolas, the little dickhead, was practically bouncing out of the tavern, his long, perpetually immaculate blonde hair swaying slightly in the midday breeze.

"If we set off now, there's still a chance we can catch them by nightfall."

He was met by a chorus of unwilling groans, but Aragorn and Gimli begrudgingly started walking, muttering to themselves about poncy elves.

"Feeling better?"

The voice by your ear made you jump. He was standing right behind you, close enough for his hair to be tickling your bare neck, sending shivers down your spine.

You gulped. Your mouth was dry.

"I guess," you managed to croak out, "Valar, I haven't been that drunk in ages..."

"So you truly don't remember our conversation..." he mused beside you, waking along side you, one of his long strides matching up to every two of your shorter ones.

Conversation?

You froze.

"What conversation?" you snapped, but he just kept on walking, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

You ran to catch up with him.

"Legolas, what conversation?"

Your brain started to think of all of the possible things you could have said whilst drunk, and you began to feel slightly sick again...

"If I told you about that thing with the Mumakil, let me just say that it wasn't all my fault-"

"It wasn't the Mumakil," he cut you off.

"Then what was it?" you asked desperately.

He was quiet for a long time.

"It isn't important," he said finally, an almost smug look on his face,"You may not recall it, but I remember it well."

And with that cryptic answer, he smiled one again at you, and continued walking along the twisted, woody path, never once leaving your side.

********************************