The Nuisance Of Dwarves

A band of dwarves are kidnapped in the Mirkwood forest, and you start to get friendly with one of them, much to Legolas' disapproval.

***************************

You craned your ears once more, but were now sure of the sounds that you had heard. Gruff, angry voices which were certainly not elvin, combined with the unmistakable clang of metal hitting stone which meant swords being dropped. You had visitors.

Running from your chambers, you sprinted towards the gates, anxious to see the intruders. Mirkwood was a beautiful place, with intricate wooden staircases and breathtaking scenery, but it was pretty lonely when you had nothing to do all day but stare at elves. Legolas, the King's son, had forbidden you from joining him on hunting trips, much to your annoyance. He had mentioned that he considered it 'too dangerous' for a woman, an excuse which offended you extremely.

You finally reached the throne of Thranduil, panting, just in time to see a band of short, bearded men be led towards you.

"Dwarves..." you breathed in wonder.

You had always been told tales of the dwarves. Ever since you were a little girl, you knew the stories of Erebor off by heart. But to you, that was all they were. Stories. Never had you believed that you would ever actually see a dwarf in the flesh...

At your voice, one of the dwarves near the front of the group turned to look at you. He was blonde, his face not wearied by time, as with his fellow companions. His hair reached past his shoulders, and in his moustache was plaited down each side of his mouth. You had to admit, he was quite handsome.

The young dwarf winked at you, then faced forwards once more. You were taken aback. Perhaps it was merely a trick of the light, but no. That was definitely a wink.

Legolas walked behind the band, his bow grasped tightly in his hand. He glanced over to you, and the ghost of a smile played on his lips. He knew of your desire to see a real dwarf, you had even told him your mother's stories many a night by the fireside.

Walking towards you, he gripped your arm tightly and spun you around.

"Let my father deal with these," he whispered, his hot breath tickling your ear, and led you away, leaving the dwarves to the wrath of Thranduil.

****************************************************************************************************

You were on guard duty that night, one of the only jobs that Legolas had allowed you to undertake. He had originally been unwilling to let you go that night, saying that it was not 'safe', there were too many 'dangers'.

"Seriously, Legolas. They are in CELLS." You had accentuated, desperate to witness the unusual creatures, "It's not like they can walk through metal..."

Eventually, he had begrudgingly agreed, but not without promising to always be close by you in case something went wrong. The man could be ridiculous sometimes.

You were slightly apprehensive as you climbed the steep stone steps towards the cells, not sure what to expect. As you neared them, you heard snoring. Some soft, some blaringly loud. A hand reached up instinctively to cover your ears, you were not used to such sounds, having lived in the elvin kingdom for many a year.

"I know right?" came a voice from your left, and you spun round, shocked to see the blonde-haired dwarf from that morning staring at you with a cheeky grin etched onto his ruggedly handsome face.

"Try living with them for three months. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in forever."

An unexpected laugh came from your mouth, and you walked closer to the dwarf, curious.