The Dreaded Lurgy

Imagine being ill, and Legolas having to look after you...

************************

"Uugghh," you groaned, sitting up in bed and propping yourself up on the fluffy pillows.

Legolas was at your side in an instant, his face a mask of concern.

"Are you alright,(your name)," he asked urgently, worry marring his chisselled features.

"I'm FINE!" you emphasised, annoyed, but you were lying.

A splitting headache ran through your skull, and cold sweat was collecting on your body, making you shiver.

"There's no need to be so worried about me, Legolas." you continued, wincing slightly as you moved and sent another sharp pain hurling through your head, "I'm fine, I've had worse. Anyway, I've only just woken up,"

Your face turned confused, "Have you... did you sleep here?" you asked Legolas, your face turning accusing. How else could he gave reached your chambers so quickly, as soon as you had awoken?

Legolas looked guilty, and broke eye contact with you, looking at the floor.

"I didn't want to leave you," he admitted, "You looked so frail last night, I just wanted to make sure that you were alright."

You smiled. He could be such a dork sometimes.

"Do elves even sleep?" you asked, pulling the thick covers up close to your neck.

"Contrary to popular belief, we do," answered Legolas, "but our eyes remain open."

Your eyebrows raised slightly, and a surprised sound escaped from your throat.

You then began to cough violently, your body wracking with spasms. Legolas placed his warm, firm hand on your back as you bent double, whilst his other hand reached next to the bed and pulled out a small metal bin. You only just made it in time, before puking your guts up into it. You felt Legolas' hand gently stroke your back and push the sweaty hairs off your neck, as the burning in your throat subsided, and you raised your head, wiping your mouth with the back of your hand.

"Had worse?" teased Legolas, trying to mask his concern with light humour.

"Shut up," you responded simply, reaching for a glass of water on your bedside table.

Legolas beat you to it, and grabbed the glass with slender fingers, holding it up to your mouth.

"You shouldn't exert yourself too much," he chastised, as you took small sips of water, "The doctor said you needed complete bed rest."

"I'm pretty sure I can drink my own water," you said reproachfully, watching as Legolas picked up a small bowl filed with water and a cloth.

He sqeezed out the water from the cloth, and pushing back your hair from your sweat-covered forehead with long, slender fingers, placed the cloth on your head. The cool water immediately soothed your burning face, and a small sigh escaped your mouth. Legolas smirked.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" you asked, looking at him with mock-anger.

"It's very unusual to have to look after you, (your name)," he admitted,"Usually you're too proud to even accept the smallest amount of help. It's nice to be able to get close to you without you biting my head off, that's all..."

You chucked to yourself, and leaned back to look at the ceiling, "How long did the doctor say I would have to rest for?"

"At least a week," grimaced Legolas, knowing very well that you would not be happy with that.

"A WEEK?" you yelled, trying to sit up but being stopped by Legolas' firm hand on your shoulder.

"Rest now," he said, stroking your face with the back of his hand, "You'll make yourself unwell with all that worrying."

You looked at him firmly.

"Well," he continued, "MORE unwell at least..."

You sighed again. This was your worst nightmare. Stuck, unable to move.

"I am going to be SO bored," you muttered to yourself, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I had a feeling that you would say that," replied Legolas, and he reached behind him to pull up a chair and take a seat, then bent down to pick a large, leather-bound book from the floor.

"That's why I bought you this," he held up the cover so that you could read it clearly.

"Elvish Lore?" you queried.

Legolas nodded his head, opening to the first page,"You always told me of how you would like learn more about my race," he stated simply, "I thought I could read a bit to you..."

You smiled and closed your eyes, "Go on then," you said, "It's not like I have anything better to do."

Legolas took a deep breath and began reading to you, and eventually, you feel asleep to the soft lull of his voice.