152K 6.6K 755

Text #1.

December 31, 11:46 pm.

Happy New Year, Ty. I know this is insane and that you're never gonna read this, and I can say I'm feeling somewhat drunk. Gosh, if Soph knows I'm doing this she'll laugh her ass off. But whatever. It's not like anyone's gonna see it except me. It's New Year. Finally. People have been waiting for this for so long, but I don't think I can say that. The past months have been hell without you by my side and I can't get you out of my head. People here seem happy and they're smiling like fools. Everyone's wishing each other one all of that sentimental crap they wish each other every single year. Yeah, there it is. The clock is almost striking midnight and they say this new year will be better. I don't know. I just feel like getting out of this crowd, sneaking past them and sitting in the backyard like we used to and watch the colorful fireworks light up the whole sky. Soph just texted me to make a wish. So when fireworks light up the sky on January 1, I'll look up the sky and I'll wish for you.

For you to come back.

Text #2.

January 1st, 12:23 pm.

Finally, the new year has arrived. Yesterday passed on a blur. Soph came over at 2:00 am and we danced, screamed and laughed. Everything was alright for a moment, until she asked me what I wished for, but I told her it was supposed to be a secret. She went back to her house some hours ago and everything's back to how it was. The curtains of my room are closed and it's completely dark in here. I tried to sleep, but I can't.

Text #3.

January 2, 5:18 pm.

I don't want to go back to school anymore. I just feel like staying on my room and letting the dark creep into the corners of my eyes. It's better that way. There's silence, only the sound of my breathing. I wish you were here with me. I remember whenever winter break ended we both had the weird habit of baking cookies. They would always burn, but I loved them anyways. Mom just came in my room and asked me if everything was okay. I know she doesn't really care. We have been fighting more than the usual, most of all for futile things. It has been leaving me exhausted. Especially now that my sister's coming in a month and everything will return to be how it was some years ago. The pressure to be like Bella. Everything at once. I miss you.

---

Hey guys!
Long time, no see, I know. But what can I say? We still have a loooooong way for this book to end. 301 more text messages, right? Okay, so let's go!

I don't think I'll do chapters anymore. From now on, I'll write the book through the texts only. Maybe when it's finishing I'll do some chapters and I'll update probably thrice a day or more.

Jas, xx. Thanks for the 1.1K reads!

:)