8. Lev Haiba

Nanami POV
(Next Day ~ In Class)

Just another day in class.

At least that's what I would normally think to myself while focusing on the class lecture but instead my attention is towards the person who's been staring at me this entire day.

My eyebrow twitches.

Who is it?

With not much patience left in me to wait till after class to see who this person was, I turn around and the person flinches when he realizes he was caught red-handed.

I stare at him and purse my lips. That tall gray hair boy.... the one with the loud mouth on the first day of school when he introduced himself to the whole class during class introductions.

What was his name again? It wasn't Japanese from what I remember but the guy himself speaks really good Japanese since he's not a foreigner.

My teacher clears her throat. "Nanami, can you please tell the whole class what brought your attention to behind the class rather than the lecture in front of us."

I jolt up and slowly turn forward just to find my teacher in front of my desk.

Way to go Nanami... letting the teacher expose you to the whole class. Hopefully I can make an excuse to the teacher that it was all an accident. It wouldn't be good if things got out of hand and the teacher had to tell my mom that I wasn't paying attention in class.

"I was just stretching my neck since it's a little stiff," I explain with a forced smile.

From the back of my mind, I can hear Kuroo's laugh mocking me.

"I see... but next time wait till after class to stretch your stiff neck," she says and goes back to the textbook to teach the class.

I sigh in relief.

I swear this is not how I expected my first year to go at all. I think back to yesterday's unexpected turn of events when he tricked me into going on his so-called date. I honestly was expecting to be hanging out with the team when he texted me.

I honestly should've known that he would scheme something like this. Yet even though it was just the two of us hanging out, I had fun. Not that I'll ever admit it to him but I wouldn't mind doing that again. After all I haven't had fun like that in a long time.

The last time, I enjoyed myself was when I was with my older brother, Sota.

I purse my lips. I wonder how long I can keep this up. Trying to be the perfect child for mom. I wish Sota and dad were with us. I can't do things like how I used to with how mom is overprotective with me.

I can't hide what I'm doing behind her back for forever.

I was lucky to come home on time yesterday. She didn't suspect anything and thought I was at home studying. Even with being the manager for the boys volleyball club, she doesn't know about it at all and thinks that I'm studying in school.

Just what am I going to do?

Kuroo POV
(After school - In class)

The bell rings and I'm about to excuse myself from my seat but Yaku stops me.

"Where were you? Do you have any idea what kind of mess I had to go through while you were off doing who knows what?" Yaku questions me and I shrug.

"It shouldn't be that hard for you to babysit the team Yaku, you got natural instinct," I tease and Yaku frowns.

"It wasn't just the team. There was this first year who we happened to see on the way and ," a vein pops on Yaku's head. "That punk thought that I was a first year like him. I swear if I were to see that guy again, I'll teach him how to respect his senpais," Yaku threatens as he cracks his knuckles.