{6}

I really need to stop with the huge gaps between my chapters -.- On a positive note, it is nearly summer and my exams are all over!! woo!!! so that means, probably, I'll be uploading more often :)

Enjoy XD

~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chapter Six

Casper had been staring at the ceiling for a while now. Not that he would have minded much usually; it was an attractive ceiling (it was covered in posters of Hayley Williams) but not even the many faces of his beloved singer could distract him from recent events.

When he reached home in early hours of the morning he all but collapsed on his front lawn, panting for air and dripping with sweat. He took huge gulps of air trying to return back to his normal breathing pace. He’d practically ran through the entire town without stopping. He was dying. How he’d managed to keep going after sixteen years of not doing any serious sport he was surprised he hadn’t gave up on getting as much space from the house as possible two minutes in but here he was.

He groaned and flipped over to his front, elbows propping him up from behind after he’d gotten back to a normal breathing pace. His hair was plastered to his forehead and sweat still hung to it as it was to his clothes. So gross. His faced screwed up in pain as he flexed his leg muscles; worn and exhausted.

He stayed in the garden for a while after that, staring at the faint stars that were overpowering the street lamps, and the moon that was on the brink of becoming full. There was a breeze and it sometimes gave him chills as it started to cool down his body and droplets of perspiration, but it was nice. He took it all in, focusing on this and only this. Nothing else. At all.

When he finally got up his shirt had dried a little, his hair was still plastered to his next and forehead. He unlocked his door and tried (oh god how he tried) to close the door with as little amount of noise as possible- he’d even screwed up his face, bit his middle nail and pushed oh so slowly until there was a soft click and he let out a short breath of relief- but, apparently his mum was related to fucking wolves or something – or the most likely option: listening out for him just in case this sort of thing occurred- because she was soon thumping down the stairs and fussing all over him.

“Casper Dear, why are you in so early? Is something wrong?”

Shit.

How was he supposed to sneak around and keep secrets with a mother like his? I mean seriously, he had made the least bit of noise. It’s like she had superpowers.

“No, mum, just didn’t feel like staying over, you know?” Casper answered, trying to edge his way around her and make his way upstairs.

She wasn’t buying it at all.” Are you sure? “

He couldn’t even imagine what he looked like right now.

“Yes mum. I just wanted to come home and sleep, which is what I am going to do now. Go back to bed.” He was half way up the stairs now and his mum followed him quickly from behind.

“Did you have a fight with someone? Casper, Honey? Did you walk home all by yourself? You know that is dangerous, you should’ve called me.” He almost bolted across the hall to his room and closed the door with slightly more force than necessary shutting it right in his mum’s face. Casper gave a slight wince and screwed up his face and braced himself for what was coming.

Casper heard an intake of breath from the other side of the door,” CASPER IRWIN FAYE, DID YOU JUST DO WHAT I THINK YOU DID.” His mother screeched for the whole goddamn world to hear.

“Oh my God, MUM! I TOLD YOU NOT TO EVER USE MY MIDDLE NAME! EVER!” he retorted back, he hated that stupid name. What in all of all that is holy possessed his parents to stick with that one?