Chapter 36 - Does It Bother You?

Whoever it was, stopped kissing me and I slowly opened my eyes to see people around us staring. Some of the girls were sending me murderous glares, including the girl who was sitting on Dimitri's lap. I also noticed Devon smirking at me.

I froze, looking around the room and noticed Dimitri wasn't anywhere. If girls were giving me jealous looks and Devon was sending me smirks, that could mean only one thing.

Dimitri.

I immediately pulled his hands away from my waist at that realization. I didn't even bother turning around to see if it was Dimitri or not, because I knew it was. He felt like Dimitri. He even smelt like him.

I felt so embarrassed and angry. Literally everyone was staring at me. I immediately started rushing out of there. They all probably thought I was Dimitri's human whore or something. How humiliating is that?

And Dimitri, I was annoyed at him. He couldn't just ignore me the whole night, flirting with all those girls, and then decide to scare away the one guy I actually bothered talking to and on top of that, kiss me like that in front of everyone. What was more embarrassing was how easily I melted into his arms.

I did want him to kiss me but not after he'd been ignoring me the whole night and flirting with all those girls. I didn't want him kissing me if he didn't care about me. Which he obviously didn't. He only cared about himself and what he wanted.

As I was rushing out of the room, I also managed to trip because of my heels and fall because apparently the world hates me and wants to ruin my life forever. Everyone was laughing at my pathetic self, causing my cheeks to blaze even more in embarrassment. I immediately got up and ran out of there. The whole room was laughing at me and I felt like crying. Tears pricked my eyes but I blinked them away.

I slowed my pace down a bit as I got farther and farther away from the party. The power was still cut off in the rest of the castle, so it was starting to get really dark and I couldn't see anymore. I had to be really careful now, so I didn't bump into something.

But of course, due to my bad luck I ended up bumping into something before falling again. Just as I fell, something heavy also fell on my foot causing me to cry out in pain. That's when the tears were really threatening to fall out.

I tried pushing whatever that had fallen on my leg away which took me time to do, but I managed to do so. I cringed as I moved my feet as it hurt a lot to do so. I hope I didn't hurt my ankle. I was seeming to constantly be getting hurt and it was starting to get really annoying.

All of a sudden, I noticed an outline of a dark figure making it's way towards me. I couldn't tell who or what it was, making me feel a little scared because everyone was at the party and wouldn't be able to hear my screams if I had to let out any.

I tried to move back as the figure got closer, ignoring the stinging pain in my ankle. But I couldn't move any further because my dress decided to get stuck in something causing me to mentally curse. I started to pull the dress out of wherever it was stuck, when I felt a hand rest on mine stopping me.

I looked up but I still couldn't tell who it was as it was completely pitch black. The person leaned in closer and began undoing my dress from wherever it was stuck. Once I got a whiff of the person's scent was when I realized it was Dimitri.

I pushed his hand away in anger as I didn't want anything to do with him. I began to tug at the dress, just wanting to get out of there and away from him. I knew he was watching me struggle and it was making me uncomfortable, especially since I couldn't see him. 

After a few more moments of my continuous struggle, Dimitri gently grabbed my fingers in his hand stopping me. I tried to pull my fingers out of his hand but he wouldn't let go.