Chapter 45

Hayes' P.O.V

I pace back and fourth in front of Courtney's apartment. "You can do this." I say to myself. It's not that I'm sad breaking up with her, it's more that I'm scared of how she'll react. I quickly knock on her door before I change my mind.

"Hayesie poo!" She screams as soon as she opens the door. "What are you doing here?"

I take a deep breath. "I need to talk to you."

"Oh 'talk' huh? Well come on in then." She smirks at me.

"No Courtney I mean actually talk. And I wanna do it out here." I say that mostly because if she murders me, then there will be witnesses.

"Hayes what's going on?"

"I can't do this anymore Courtney, I can't do this to myself."

"Do what?" She looks at me confused.

"Be with someone who I don't have feelings for."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry Courtney I really am but we need to go our separate ways."

"So you're dumping me?"

"I wouldn't put it like that..."

"I don't understand. I'm hot." she pouts.

"Yes you're very beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have you but just because I'm not the guy for you doesn't mean there isn't another one out there for you."

"Is this because of your maid?"

"You mean Lillian? No Courtney this is about me and you."

"Hayes please just be real with me for a second. You owe it to me to tell me why you're breaking up with me."

"Okay maybe Lillian opened my eyes to the fact that there are better girls out there..."

"Better girls? What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing!" I said quickly. "Shit Courtney I didn't mean it like that. I meant better girls for me. And there are better guys for you too, guys that will give you their full attention because that's what you deserve."

"Wow Hayes that's really sweet."

"So are we good?" I ask hopefully.

"Better than good. Friends?" She opens her arms for a hug.

"Of course." I say and hug her.

Courtney's P.O.V

I say goodbye to Hayes and head back into my apartment. I immediately grab the closest thing to me, which happens to be a glass bowl. I throw it across the room in anger and watch it shatter.

Screw being friends. That Lillian bitch is going down.