#39 - Ross Lynch

this book is unpromoted (I don't tweet about it or anything) so for it to have so many reads, it's actually amazing. love you all ☺️

"It's gorgeous." I looked around in absolute awe. Just the reception looked as if it could buy our house. Technically, our house was paying for this; my chance to come to one of the most prestigious schools in the Americas. Juilliard what?

Duke Williams Prep School was the place to be. It's a very amazing private school in California, that had a stellar Dance course. Quite literally like an English boarding school, uniform and everything.

And here I was, in nothing but dance shorts, a sports bra, converse and a loose shirt, Costa in my hands. As much as I tried, I couldn't tear my eyes from the notable alumni displayed on the gold frames standing out against the burgundy wallpaper. I want my spot there.

Mom was collecting my audition stuff from the reception and I was told to sit tight, but all I felt like doing was triple pirouettes followed by a leap across this place.

The closest I got to that was walking around fascinated, looking upwards rather than where I was going. Which lead me to colliding with somebody and the lid of my large Americano to pop off, causing the beverage to go all over this person's crisp white shirt.

I dared to look up, and a whole foot taller than me was a guy, who looked at his shirt in anger. "What is your-"

"I'm so sorry, I really didn't see you there-"

I stopped talking when I realised he was staring at me. "What?"

"Why are you half naked? And why haven't I ever seen you before?" He hissed slightly as he moved, the coffee on his shirt burning his skin.

"I'm not half naked. And that's because I'm not even part of the school yet."

"Ah." He said. Not gonna lie, he was capital C CUTE. "Dance auditions today, right?"

I nodded.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck for that. I hope you get in though, I really do..."

I blinked as he inched closer, his hand venturing towards No Man's Land. "Don't touch me, please."

"What's wrong?"

"You don't even know me and you're trying to get in my pants!" He looked at my legs. "If I had any on. But, no. Have a little self respect and stop being a hormonal idiot."

He laughed. "Calm down, hot shot. Get used to it if you plan on coming here. Now, I'm going to have to shower again thanks to you, so unless you want to come with me and then definitely guarantee yourself a place here-"

I rolled my eyes, and he smirked.

"Good luck, babe." He whispered in my ear and smacked my butt, propelling me forward before he dashed off. I gasped and yeeted (threw) the empty Costa cup at him. "Because that was gonna hurt."

"It'll be my shoe next, you son of a- hey Mom." I smiled as she approached me.

"What happened?" She looked at me confused. "Why were you-"

"Nothing, nothing." I brushed it off. "Let's go get me a scholarship!"

She followed behind me. "Okay. Where's your Costa?"

"So many questions, woman."