Chapter 19: Threats and a Pep Talk

~Kristy's POV:

I come back to my father with great news, and receive bad news instead. Sam and Dean broke up. Like, for good. I was just waiting....

I'm too injured to go chasing after Dean, who'll no doubt send me back. So instead, I track down Sam after dutifully making sure dad is comfortable at home. I'm worried about him, horribly worried. But I have this bad feeling for Sam too.

I use Sam's GPS and track him down to a small town only a few hours out of Sioux Falls. My only problem is that driving is extremely uncomfortable with the war wound in my side. The entire ride is torture, but totally worth it when I track Sammy down to a little diner. I could use some food.

As soon as I walk through the door, I see him bussing tables. I bite my lip to keep from addressing him. Instead, I turn a bright smile to the hostess leading me to my table-which isn't too far from where Sam is cleaning up.

Sister alert-don't turn around, I send the thought towards him without looking.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see him whirl around and look at me. I don't acknowledge him, just thank the hostess as she hands me a menu.

Can you hear me? he sends back tentatively.

Loud and clear, little brother.

I send a quick look in his direction and he quickly goes back to stacking dishes in a gray plastic tub and wiping down the tables. As he's turning around, I see a crack in the tub and with my mind, I pull it open, then jump out of my seat just in time to help him catch the falling dishes.

"When do you get off?" I whisper under my breath as we quickly control the chaos.

"Fifteen minutes. I'll go to your table," he replies a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

I give him a slight nod, grinning up at him and climb to my feet, only to wince at the pull in my stitches. Too many theatrics for my convalescing ass.

"Are you okay, Kr - I mean...miss?"

I turn the grin trying to spread across my face into a grimace.

"Uh yeah, I'm alright."

I'll tell you about it later.

With one last look, Sam goes off and I climb back into my booth. The chick behind the bar glares at me, but I pretend to not see, just get ready to order as my waiter comes up to my table.

Sam's POV:

Derek, Kristena's waiter, is just arriving to her table as I'm taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen to be washed. I leave the kitchen to go collect the glasses off the bar. I feel Kristena watching me, her expression most likely its usual cool observation.

"Do you know that girl, Nick?" the girl behind the bar, Jenny, asks.

I look behind me to where she's glaring, already knowing it'll be Kristena.

"Uh sorta. She, uh, works with my brother."

"The hunter?" she asks, wrinkling her nose.

"Sarah's cool, kinda an old family friend. I've known her forever."

"So you guys must be close..."

I blush, looking back at Kristy who winks at me, obviously listening to the conversation.

"You could say that I guess..." I mutter, feeling myself flush.

I stack the glasses as fast as I can without breaking them. Jenny's been trying to get a date with me for a while, but I always find an excuse. Kristy is the perfect excuse for tonight.