Chapter - 24 *Outburst*✔

* Jessica's POV*

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock, and when I checked, it was 8 a.m. I quickly got up from my bed and rushed to bathroom so I could be ready for college. I was combing my hair when I suddenly felt my hand still, remembering about the chocolates. Walking over to the balcony, I noticed the small box sitting smack dab in the middle.

He thought after all this, I would accept it? To Hell with it. Closing the balcony door, I walked back into the bathroom and continued to brush through all the knots.

After few minutes, I grabbed all of my hair, pulling it over my right shoulder as I began to braid it. When I was done, I snuck a glance at the mirror doing a look over before grabbing my things, and I began to rush towards the university not wanting to be late for my classes.

As soon as I arrived, I ran towards the main building.  I went to pull the doors open but someone opened it from the inside preventing me from going in. Max stood in front of me, and he looked down at my smaller figure with a nonchalant expression.

"Get the hell out of my way, Max, or I'll be late," I mumbled, angrily attempting to push him aside.

"We need to talk, now," he spoke softly, as he still refused to move an inch.

"Don't tell me what to do. Now, move before I start screaming," I hissed, crossing my arms as I sent him a glare.

"Okay, start screaming," he said, challenging me as he began to examine his nails.

"Are you nuts? Do you want me to scream and create a scene?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Because, I will in a heartbeat."

"No, I just want to talk to you." He sighed as he shoved his hands in his jeans pockets. "But if you want it this way, then fine, do it," he added.

I should scream.

I should right this instant, but all I could do was purse my lips slightly.

Dammit.

He knows that I won't- no, can't do that. Maybe old Jessica would love to do that, would even beg to, but guess what?

She doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks to this jerk!

"So?" Max interrupted the chain of my thoughts.

"Can't you get it? I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me alone," I spat out.

"I'll leave you alone, but first listen to me," he begged. "Please."

The pleading in his voice was enough to melt my heart.

"Fine, I'll talk to you after class. Now, move," I replied and bit my lip.

I shouldn't agree to do this, but I knew as soon as the words left my mouth, I sealed the deal.

His face lit up.

"Fair enough." He nodded and walked aside giving me space. "After you," he added bowing like a gentleman.

Ha, more like an idiot.

"This isn't over yet, Max," I spoke menacingly, glaring at him.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll make sure of it." He smirked, winking at me as I just huffed, stomping past him trying to make it to class on time.

My classes so far have passed by like a blur, due to the fact I wasn't listening to the professors as they continued to blab on and on... My mind was replaying all the events from the last few days. Our coffee date, his sweetness when he took me to eat Indian food, his reckless behavior, his scary nature, punching the wall and the dripping of his blood, and the kiss... the damn kiss. I couldn't deny the fact that I still shivered whenever I thought about his lips colliding with mine.