Chapter 3

Maddox, the little shit. Throughout breakfast, he kept making little remarks about last night. Thank goodness my mom and Jason didn't catch on. I don't know what I would've said. Breakfast went by quick though - which was definitely a good thing. I wasn't sure how much longer I could've sat across from Maddox with his evil stare.

I don't have work tonight so I decided to hangout with Brooke, my best friend. She picks me up around noon and takes me over to her house. Brooke is taller and skinnier than me. She is beautiful,  which has all the guys chasing her. But she doesn't care because she's lesbian. She has brown hair, brown eyes and light brown skin.

Before we became friends, I was jealous of her. She looked like a model to me. But every pretty person needs an ugly friend - that'd be me. Sometimes I still get jealous over her looks but I've never taken it out on her. I love her like a sister.

"How is living with Jason? That's his name right?" she asks.

"He only moved in yesterday," I chuckle.

"I know but, does he try to act like your dad or anything?"

I shake my head. "No. He hasn't even talked to me, really. There is one thing though..."

"What is it?" she asks, interested.

"He has a son."

"No way! Your mom never even told you?" she asks.

"No," I frown.

"What's he like? Is he cute?"

"Honestly? He's an ass. I don't like him but he isn't bad looking," I shrug.

"Why is he an ass?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"He pushed me into the pool, for one. He makes comments to annoy the hell out of me," I sigh. "Last night, he caught me and Luca making out on the stairs and he kept saying things about it this morning over breakfast with our parents. Thank God they didn't catch on. He said he thought I'd have more self respect than that because I invited Luca home with me."

"Were you guys gonna do anything?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know," I groan.

"You're horrible with relationships," she chuckles.

"Not everyone can be perfect like you and Adeline," I frown, talking about her girlfriend.

"Hey, now. We are far from perfect," she says, becoming serious.

"How?" I challenge.

"Her parents don't accept her sexuality so she doesn't want me to meet them. It's hard being with someone and knowing their parents hate you because you're a girl and you're dating their daughter. They just don't accept it," she says sadly.

The sadness is the room is thick and I know I have to change that. "Let's go out tonight," I say.

"You should invite - wait, what's his name?"

"Maddox," I say, knowing exactly who she's talking about. "And no."

"I'll tease him," she smirks.

A wicked grin quickly makes it's way onto my lips. "Okay."

We go to my house and she begins getting ready in my room while I go to Maddox's room. I knock on his door and he opens it after a long moment, shirtless. Using all the strength I have, I manage to keep my eyes on his face. "My friend and I are going out tonight. Do you want to come?" I ask.

"You're gonna make me come?" he asks, raising an eyebrow

My eyes widen. "No! I was wondering if you'd wanna go to a club with us."