chapter 76✿

"Luke are you almost ready?" I call from Luke's bathroom.

We are currently getting ready for Calum's parents anniversary dinner. I have on the purple dress Luke told me to wear, and i'm feeling extra confident tonight. I did my usual makeup, only with a little extra eyeshadow. Luke's currently getting ready in his room, after hours of me pestering him to get ready.

I walk out of the bathroom and into Luke's room. I see him standing in front of his mirror trying to tie his tie. His eyebrows are scrunched and his face is focused.

"Forget it, i'm not going." Luke says as he tosses the tie onto the floor.

I walk over and bend over to pick it up.

"You're so impatient." I laugh as I put the tie around his collar.

"Where'd you learn how to tie a tie?" He asks.

"Michael taught me years ago." I tell him.

"Why?"

"He said I should know how to tie my husbands tie one day. Guess that paid off." I chuckle.

"Are you saying you want to get married one day, making me your husband?" Luke smirks.

My eyes widen. "That's not what I meant I-"

He laughs. "Relax, i'm kidding."

I roll my eyes as I continue to tie his tie. But a pang of sadness goes through me. What does he mean he was kidding? Does he not want to get married some day? I mean, obviously not any time soon but, what's the point of dating someone if you don't see a future with them? I shake the thoughts from my head. I'm definitely overreacting. I'm not even eighteen years old yet, I shouldn't be thinking about marriage at all.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asks.

"Nothing." I lie. "There, all done."

He looks in the mirror and slightly adjusts his tie.

"Thanks." He says.

"Come on, we're already behind schedule." I say as I grab my purse from the bed.

"May, the party doesn't start until eight."

"Yeah, so?"

"So, it's only seven-thirty. We have tons of time." Luke says.

"That's not plenty of time." I say.

He smirks, coming closer to me. "It's enough."

"Oh, no." I say, putting my hand on his chest to stop him from coming any closer. "We're not doing this right now."

"Doing what? Talking?" He chuckles.

"No. You know what I mean." I say as I walk over to the desk and grab my phone out of the charger.

"You're really tense, baby. Maybe you should de-stress before we leave." Luke smirks as he comes up behind me and snakes his hands around my waist.

"Luke." I whine.

"Moan it, don't whine it." He murmurs.

He moves my hair to one side and presses his lips to my neck, knowing that's my weakness.

"Five minutes." I give in.

I turn around and press my lips to his. Our lips move against one another, taking in each other's scents. One of his hands move to my face, cupping my cheek in his palm.

"As sexy as you look in this dress, take it off." Luke commands.

I turn around and he unzips my dress, slowly taking it off both my shoulders. Just as I go to turn around, my phone begins to ring. Of course. I don't think Luke and I can ever have an uninterrupted second to ourselves.