Chap 8

~Kyle~

Shadows were everywhere, I couldn’t make out anything. It was dark and cold, there was a weird thing in my head that constantly howled and whined. The air was stale and suffocating with different obnoxious smells all around me. I felt like I was trying to reach for something that was too far out of range, a scratching inside that made me want to lose my mind! It was like, I was never alone and always wanting something I didn’t know what? Suddenly I was consumed by light that blinded me sending shots of pain through my eyes. I was breathless and running, the solid feel of something underneath my feet till there was nothing there but air.

*

*

*

Gasping I shot up in the couch grabbing at the back of it; sweat was dripping down my face as I tried to catch my breath. A whine made me look over to see the wolf lying beside me on the couch. He was watching me with concern. I dug my hand in his soft fur, needing some sort of reassurance. Whimpering he scooted closer and rubbed his face against my face as if to calm me down.

Sighing I looked over at the clock to see it was 12:00 pm and the apartment was quiet. I knew that Levi wasn’t here, it might sound strange but I had this strong sense when he was around or not. I threw the blanket off me and placed my feet on the ground but made no move to stand just rested my head in my hands, rubbing them through my hair roughly. My head was throbbing painfully like it usually does when I have those types of dreams. They’re never clear so they always leave me confused and frustrated.

Glancing up I noticed a white paper on the table in front of me, reaching over I picked it up.

I’ve gone out with Matt; the mail man should be there around 12:00 to deliver your information to you. Just sign your name; I’ll be home in a few hours.

            Levi.

Just then there was a knock causing both me and the wolf to snap our heads towards the door. Slowly I stood, walking with hesitant steps. For some weird reason I lifted my nose to sniff the air and knew that whoever was behind it I didn’t know. They knocked again,

“Hello, I have a package for Mr. Blackman” with that I opened it to see a man in tan shirt and shorts with a clipboard and big yellow folder.

“Yeah, he’s not here right now but he told me to sign something.” The guy just nodded and handed the clipboard over.

“Sign here sir.” I did, then he handed me the package and left.

“Have a nice day.”

“Yeah” I mumbled staring down at the bulging package in my hands.

This was it, where I can learn about myself, know who I really am. My mind was racing at a pace I couldn’t even explain. If I opened this how drastically would my ignorant world change? Would I remember, or just know a whole bunch of things about the stranger that is me? I swallowed and quickly threw the envelope on the table and rushed towards Levi’s room, it can wait a little while longer. I went straight for the shower and turned the water to a medium heat. Sheading all my clothes I stepped in just noticing the wolf laying in the door way, his head on his paws and his eyes closed. Slowly I slid down so I sat in the tub, the jet of water hitting me in a soothing manner as I stared at the animal.

“I should give you a name if you’re just going to follow me around all the time.” I voiced causing him to lift and cock his head at me.

“How about, Bill” I joked but I got a disapproving growl from him. I chuckled resting my head against the wall. “Alright, um, lets see… Jamie?” he huffed.