Abbe Faria

THESSALY, GREECE - October 29th 

1:18PM 

"Let me tell you what happened..." Zatarra began.

He sighed and looked upwards towards the white, timber roof.

"It was a few hours after I was released from Nabu...Many of my limbs were broken...gashes all down my body...I could barely move. When I was released from Nabu, the toll his Magic had put onto my body caught up with me suddenly, temporarily robbing me of my own Magic."

Zatanna's worried eyes followed the folds where Zatarra's bandages and shirt met, feeling guilty that she was unable to help him.

"It was that Desmond boy who brought me here..."

Zatanna looked up with shock.

"What?!" she exclaimed.

Zatarra made a small nod.

"Indeed. He picked me up and brought me down here from the hill..."

He suddenly looked away again.

"But for someone who had committed such heinous acts against the League, he seemed to be a fairly gentle and kind boy..."

Zatanna scowled.

"That's what he does..." she spat. "He lures you in and then tricks you..."

But Zatarra shook his head firmly, like he was about to give her a lecture.

"No, Zatanna..." he said. "It was not a façade..."

She looked at him with confusion.

"He did indeed have that dark aura, the one you would only see with super villains, but it was also conflicted...torn...even hesitant..."

He looked at her.

"As if he were not only fighting the Justice League, but himself as well..."

Zatanna had a completely blank expression on her face.

"When he brought me here, I could see a great deal of hatred in his eyes...As if he wanted to kill me more than anything in the world. But...there was another part of him that looked on me with pity...that wanted to keep me safe and not hurt me at all..."

He clenched his fists.

"As if he had a duty to someone to not kill me...An obligation..."

Zatanna began to think to herself.

Could it be..?

"But then he spoke to me, just before he left...It was the reason why he hasn't come after me..."

Zatanna leaned closer.

"What was it..?"

He sighed.

"I did not understand what he said, but he told me two words: 'Abbe Faria'..."

Zatanna looked puzzled.

"And then he left, telling me that you would soon find me..."

Zatanna stood up, her finger curling along her lip.

"Where have I heard that before..." she muttered to herself.

"I am sorry, Zatanna..." he apologised. "But there is no more advice on Desmond I can give you now..."

He leaned back and shut his eyes.

"I would like to remain here a little longer, my child..." he yawned. "I am not yet fully healed..."