Chapter 1

"...Bathilda Bagshot, where are you?" You muttered to yourself as you scanned the last row of dusty books. After what felt like years you found what you were looking for and having been there all day, bustled through the chairs and tables to get back to the Gyffindor Common room. A loud voice caught your attention and you lowered your gaze knowing who emitted it. Malfoy.

He cursed about not being able to find a book, "No wonder Crabbe and Goyle don't come here..it's horrible!"

You knew what he was looking for and quickly hid it under your cloak.

"Hey, you!" Draco smirked as he said this, knowing that he intimidated you.

You never talked to him, but you knew him and he knew you. Whenever you'd see him you'd avoid him to not become his enemy like Harry and his friends.

"Er. Yeah. Hi, Draco." You looked down and shoved the book into your bag. He wanted it and you knew it was the last copy. He'd have to wait until you were done reading it for the gruesome essay all 6th years were assigned to complete. 

"What do you have, there?" He pointed to your bag, and you looked at him with worry. Was he going to make you do his essay for him!? You barely thought you could pass yours on your own..

"It's nothing!" You snapped. You were never really good at lying.

"I know what you've got there, (Y/N). Hand it over." He beckoned to you with his finger. You scoffed loud enough for the whole library to hear you.

"No, Malfoy. Why should I? I got it first, and you're gonna have to wait some time because we both know that I don't have any time to read. Y'know, with keeping your secret and all..."

You trailed off and tried to walk away, but he blocked your path by standing in between you and the aisle. His secret was not that bad. But to him it was, he already had enough speculative talk about him joining the Death Eaters. This getting out, would only make things worse; the month before while leaving the Quidditch pitch after watching Gryffindor practice (of course Draco was there to embarrass Harry) you heard him speaking to Vincent Crabbe about what his father had told him.

- - ONE MONTH EARLIER - -

"He wants me to join. He said so himself, I know I'm good enough for it. Aren't I? Oh you're not even listening Crabbe!"

At this point he was yelling, and you were hidden under the bleacher stairs, hoping for one of Fred and George's extendable ears. Although muffled by the wood above you, you heard what he said.

"I'm joining..sometime. I don't know when, but I will. You'll see Crabbe, I'm going to be Voldemorts most loyal Death Eater!"

- - END OF FLASHBACK - -

"Don't you dare tell anyone you filth-"
He stopped mid-way of the word he was going to say, and his gaze softened.

Maybe because he saw you looked scared, or because he thought of an idea. He sighed and sat down on a chair.

"Sit." He said. You, confused, took a seat across from him and thought about what he was about to go on with. "I came up with a deal. And I don't like you very much, so it's not a favor. That's why I am going to write your essay for you if you keep your mouth shut about what you heard me talking to Crabbe about."

It was a great deal, you thought. Draco was smart if he applied himself. And why wouldn't he do that if you held a secret this important to him?

"Okay, yeah." You said. All you had to do was keep that secret and he'd take care of your essay.

"Alright, give me the book." He said. You handed it to him and he snatched it as if it held his secret inside it.

"It'll be done two days before it's due. Ugh, but how will I get it to you? I can't be seen with you!"

"Oh, that's flattering, Draco." You said, your statement dripping with sarcasm and you knew that he disliked that.

"Just meet me here at this table the day it's done after breakfast, and you never have to deal with me again." You said.

With that he swept himself off his chair and made his way out of the library.

It's been four days since your encounter with Draco at the library, today you were to meet him at the same place and he'd hand over your finished essay.

You hummed quietly to yourself, sitting at the table that he was supposed to meet you at. Standing up, you saw him turn the corner, a green folder in hand.

"Here you are, I doubt you even need to check it. It's perfect." He smirked.

"Thanks, I'll keep your secret. Promise." You blushed at the thought of him doing something for you.

As if he read your mind he blurted out, "I was just doing it for the secret, not for you. Don't think your so special, (Y/N). He smiled.

You stepped forward to him and he looked at your lips, and you looked at his. Both of you looked at each other's eyes. The sea of silvery blue wisps entranced you and you both leaned in for a kiss.

"I know, I'm not that special, Malfoy."