Darkness

Sonic woke up to feel a hard floor he slowly opens his eyes to see he was in a cage and everything was dark. As the cage moved he hit against the metal walls hard from left to right.

After a few hour the cage finally stop moving but was dropped on a table not so nicely. He could hear Scourge's voice and he sounded injured "I want more money! Do you know how long I had to stall them so that they wouldn't get there before you?"
There was no answer only a "humph!" Sonic was terrified right now he didn't dare to move.

Soon the cage opened and a hand grabbed him, he tried to escape but every time he moved the hand squeezed harder. Then Sonic felt a collar go around his neck, he looked up to see green and red snake like eyes. He was thrown into a huge room and the door was closed and he left in the darkness of the room.

Shadow had re-read the note over and over again and was getting more and more frustrated. Silver came in and gave him a cup of coffee, "try not to spill this one" Silver joked as Shadow took the coffee and took a sip, "I'll try" he said with a smirk.

"I still think the Doctor is behind this" The black hedgehog said as he stood up, almost dropping Silver's coffee once again. "Let's go" he said as he grabbed Silver's arm before disappearing.

"My coffee" Silver whined as they appeared in Eggman base. The minute they landed robot surrounded them and grabbed Shadow and Silver, holding them in place. Eggman walked in and stood right In front of the two hedgehogs. "Not bad Egghead" Shadow said as the human played with his mustache.

"What brings you here" he asked as he snapped his fingers and the grasp on the hedgehogs tightened. "You know why!" Silver yelled at the scientist. "If your here because of that blue rat his not here" he replied simply as he sat down and started typing on his computer.

It was then that Shadow noticed a cage in the corner of the room. He quickly broke free and opened the cage, inside was a blue little quill. "He was here!!" Shadow roared as he formed a chaos spear in his hand. Eggman got a little scared "fine he was here and I do have him, but I'm not working alone and he is somewhere you won't find him" and with that he pressed a button.

Right away more robots appeared and Eggman stuck away. "Ya you know, don't mind me, I just love to be held here" Silver mumbled as Shadow defeated the rest of the robots easily. He then destroyed the robot that was holding Silver and he helped get rid of the rest.

"Let's go back home, we will deal with Eggman tomorrow and find Sonic" Shadow said as he used chaos control to go back home with Silver.

Shadow was reading some papers he had stolen from Eggman about some kind of collar that if the person wearing it didn't listen it socked them. His eyes widened as he realized it was shaped for a small neck. "Silver!" He yelled as Silver, who was asleep fell of the couch. "Shadow! It's mid-night!" He grumbled as he rubbed his head.

"No time to sleep Silver! Sonic is in trouble!" He yelled shaking the half asleep hedgehog. "Shadow listen, if we go right now we don't be able to save him, wait till morning you need your rest you have been up for days already" Shadow gave him a look "I don't need sleep I'm the unlimited life form" Silver chucked before laying down "fine let the normal hedgehog sleep, I promise first thing in the morning we will go"

Shadow hesitated but finally laid down on the couch opposite of Silver. "Don't worry Sonic I'll do everything I can to find you and save you" he said to no one as he closed his eyes to sleep.