Chapter 1: The Bad Boy

Chapter 1
Richard Neil Sky
The Bad Boy

Tesla was playing a music on his phone while we were studying History. All of us had the same class, and there would be a quiz tomorrow. The bell had rang, indicating that the school for today was over. We were on the field of the school, in the middle. The soccer players didn't have a training or practice today, so we had the field all by ourselves today. Maggy was nodding her head to the beat as Phoebe McHeart, her girlfriend, snuggled into her.

They were sometimes pecking each other's lips, which made us scowl here and there playfully. My phone rang and I pulled it out of my pocket, only to see Mom's name flashing on the screen. Carlo looked at me and shrugged. He knew that my mom and I had just a stupid fight. Considering I was the leader of the Peacekeepers club, I should have known better, to not put up a fight. But I was on right side.

"Bonjour," I greeted my mom with my thick French accent and my friends snickered at me. Mom didn't want to speak English sometimes. She said she was more comfortable speaking her mother language than her second one. Even Dad, too.

"Rentrer à la maison, Chad." Mom replied, telling me to come home now. She was very eager to make me go home. Mom knew that I was angry, and now, she was trying to make it up to me. For her, what she said just now, was a strong statement. If she told me to come home, I'd need to come home. Or else, there would be a war. Mom was always the Drama Queen. A better Drama Queen. Not in a bad way.

"Bien sûr," I told her, grinning. When mom was trying to make me feel better, she would buy me sweet stuffs because she knew I had a strong tooth for sweets. My friends looked up at me and frowned. Tesla stopped the song and groaned, lying down on the green field as they started to shake their heads disapprovingly.

"What about this time, cakes?" Cory asked me teasingly, wiggling his brows.

"Chad is always like this," Kart said as he pouted. Kart was the youngest in the group so we always babied him. He liked it, though. But sometimes, he was a bit immature, that's why we always scolded him. "He always caves in when it comes to sweets." He ruffled his brown hair, his hazel eyes twinkling.

"Oh come on, guys." I groaned, slumping my shoulder down as I gave them puppy eyes. This puppy eyes of mine always worked to them. And just seconds, they all groaned and Tesla started the music again, making a shoo gesture as my friends started nodding. "Thanks. I'll bring you guys, though. If... there's anything left."

"Enfoiré," Thomas muttered. What he said was a French word for motherfucker. They all chuckled and I flipped him off. That's the first word they had ever learned from me. I used to say the word thousand times when I started studying here in this school. Apparently, they caught up because they asked Mr. Reyes, a French teacher, what the word meant. They got scolded because Mr. Reyes thought they were messing up with him, when they knew what the word meant, they all came back rushing on me, yelling at me because Mr. Reyes yelled at them because they basically shouted the word to his face.

My friends waved good-bye to me and I waved back, yelling good-bye to them and they said they were going to see me tomorrow. I nodded to them and walked back to where my locker was to put the books that I had grabbed before going home. My thoughts drifted to cakes and candies and I smiled at the thought. The taste was heaven. Grinning, I grabbed Skittles bag in my pocket and put some in my palm, shoving it into my mouth and moaning out.

Putting my passcode of my locker, I opened it and put the books carefully inside while chewing the sweet Skittles. I was still holding it when someone snatched it from my hand and I turned around to see the culprit and I felt my blood boil.

The one who snatched my Skittles was no other than Cade Felix Thompson, the bad boy of the school. He always got in trouble, making him the school's most bad boy. He deserved the title of 'School's Most Reckless Student'. It suited him. His blond hair was newly cut and the girls kept swooning at his look when in the first place, he wasn't attractive at all. To me. Growling, I put my palm in front of him, silently (and praying) telling him to give me my Skittles back.

The annoying part, Cade only looked at my palm and frowned, then he high-fived it and laughed. I glared at him, my eyes and nose basically flaring. If my eyes were the deadliest type of the laser, he would have been an ash right now; a smoking ash. He matched my glare playfully and danced a bit just to annoy me. And it worked. It annoyed me. He annoyed me. Real much.

"Thompson," I warned, my tone becoming dark and my glare was turning intense every second he played with me. That only made him dance harder and making a duck lips and I nearly laughed because of how ridiculous he looked but I forced myself not to. I would seem like a bipolar bastard.

When Amir Lirik stepped into view and saw Thompson dancing, he burst out laughing and my lips quirved into a smile and I frowned again immediately as soon as my mind processed what just happened. Cade looked up at him.

"Oh hi, Amir." Cade greeted him and then high-fived him. "I have a song for you, though." Amir looked up at him confusedly when Cade hummed an indian tone and both Amir and I watched him. He raised his both arms in the air, still holding the Skittles. I knew this was my chance to grab my Skittles and run, but somehow, I'd like to see what Cade would do this time. I wanted to hear his voice, too. "Hmm.... One little two, little three, little Indians. Four little five, little six, little Indians. Seven little eight, little nine, little Indians. Ten little indians boy."

Both Amir and I burst out laughing and I fell into the ground as I laughed hard. He looked ridiculous! Really. Cade grinned and danced a little, which made me laugh again. He was satisfied that he made me laugh. Typically and usually, I would always give him a death glare and he would smirk and make a face. That would piss me off, which would make me scold him in public, which would make him annoy me harder and in the end, I would be the one looking stupid. Amir rolled his eyes and hit Cade's back and told him he would go home.

Cade stopped dancing and put some Skittles on his palm and throw it into his mouth as he eyed me. I scowled at him. He offered his hand to me and I grabbed it. He helped me stand up, only to push me again and I fell onto my butt. Groaning hard, because it really hurt, I glared at Cade. Asshole. He laughed real hard. What a bully. He crouched down slowly, eyeing me and grinning. My hands had turned into fists and it took me every fiber to keep myself calm. I really wanted to punch him square in the face, but it would do me no good. In fact, I was pretty sure he would like to see me being a bitch and all.

He poured some Skittles candies on his palm and I was about to say something when he shoved it into my mouth slowly and carefully and I felt weird. He was looking at me, his expression unreadable and what the most awkward part was, he helped me chew the Skittles because I couldn't, because I was really shocked at his action. I narrowed my eyes at him. His expression became readable again and he went back to being an asshole.

"Here's your Skittles, Sky." He grabbed my hand and placed the bag of Skittles on top of my hand and stood up, smirking at me. "Until next time,"

I tilted my head to the side, looking at his retreating figure, trying to process what again just happened. I had known him like months ago, and this was the first time he had become nice to me. Maybe God enlightened him a bit that's why he acted that way. Shaking my head, I stood up, brushing the dust off my butt, still looking at his retreating figure. Cade stopped midway and I got confused. He turned on his heels and waved, with a genuine smile plastered on his face. My confusion grew and I took a look behind me. Nothing. There was only me and him on the hallway. When I looked back, his figure - even his shadow - wasn't there anymore.

Cade Felix Thompson waved at me. With a genuine smile.