O6. Dawn of Terror

The rest of the month seemed to drag by pretty slow, as Hermione was finally able to officially join the seventh year class; she had, to no one's surprise, gotten an O (Outstanding) in all her O.W.L.S. October was long gone, and November had arrived filled with high expectations and lots of stress, - not only for Hermione, who has been stuck in-between her piles of books and brewing the Felix Felicis; but to all other students. 

The thick rain and thunder had arrived at Scotland, bringing with it an unpleasant atmosphere to surround Hogwarts's grounds. Everything was gloomy, dark, and cold, -even the ghosts would often be seen crying for their deaths, dripping massive extents of spectrum into the students' food or robes as they hovered by. – "Ew, that's bloody disgusting" – would be heard now and then, as the pupils complained, only to earn a loud shout from the dead as they flew away, crashing against the portraits on the brick walls and disappearing.

Not even Peeves, the Slytherin poltergeist, was seen pranking the students (with the exception of his house), or harassing the portraits like he had on a daily basis. Hermione was feeling it too: the eerily expectation that something bad was bound to happen soon, and it made the hair at the back of her neck stand.

Patrick Howell reached forward, splashing large amounts of salt on his food. He was a seventh year Ravenclaw who shared Astronomy and Potions class with Penelope and Hermione, a clingy boy with blonde hair, big cheeks and a round belly. He reminded her an awful lot of a blonde Dudley Dursley, though Hermione cursed herself for not being able to recall Harry's cousin as the last time she saw him. She had started to forget more things, there were gaps on her memory, - and it was unnerving.

"Have you seen the last Daily Prophet?" He asked as he chewed on his steak. His brown eyes wandered to Ursulla, who met his stare, and he winked unattractively, drips of sauce escalating down his chin.

The other blonde averted her gaze, reaching for the newspaper and handing it to Hermione, who was sitting by her left. "Things are looking pretty ugly for us wizards." Lovegood whispered, large pink glasses adorning her bright eyes.

Hermione lowered her gaze to the paper, where a moving picture of Gellert Grindelwald could be seen, escaping from a window, a wand held tightly on his hand – and she didn't have to look twice to recognize it.

-Daily Prophet-

Grindelwald:

TERROR CONTINUES

Grindelwald has delved into his research on the Deathly Hallows and uncovered the location of the Elder Wand. Rumors have been circulating that the well-known wandsmith Gregorovitch, had the wand and was trying to duplicate its properties. Grindelwald broke into Gregorovitch's workshop, laid in wait for the wandmaker to return, stunned him, and stole the wand, thereby becoming its new master.

His current location is, unfortunately, unknown and the extent of Grindelwald's success in his revolutionary endeavors is unclear. He has already succeeded in creating a fortress, Nurmengard, to serve as his power base, apparently using it to imprison the wizards against his views as well. It is unknown, however, how many he has captured this far.

-M. Carneirus

"This is bad," Mumbled Penelope, her hand dropping the paper, eyes focusing on her food. "No one's safe anymore. He will rise to power, he will take over the Wizarding world."

"The Ministry of Magic will get him," Patrick said, no longer focused on his food. It was as though this conversation had stolen his appetite. "The aurors will catch him and kill him."