How long?

The two girls wondered aimlessly among the shelves in Flourish and Blotts. The usual excited the elder would get from such a trip dulled. It seemed so much happened yesterday. He'd called up to beg for forgiveness after he was done with his blonde. Harry had answered and told him not to bother trying to contact her unless it was about Rose. Like every time Ron used a muggle 'felly-tone', as he called it, he could be heard down the street for his excessive volume.

Harry had taken the boys and Rose out to see a local Quidditch match so that her and Ginny could have a girls day. Rose understood that her mum was mad at her dad. She had told Ginny that it was not normal for Daddys to come home with different girls. She had even told them all that her daddy wasn't being fair and she didn't want to see him again!

For only two she had a bigger understanding of what was going on with her parents than most do when their parents split up. 

"Ginny, how long do we have to stay?" Hermione asked for the billionth time.

"Until you're having fun!" Ginny insisted.

Hermione had already read more than half the books here but she had managed to find a series she hadn't ever even heard of, but she kept reading the same page over and over again she just couldn't concentrate. Ginny had been browsing for a while but every other second she was checking the door, as if she was waiting for someone. 

"Who are you looking for?" Hermione asked, "NO, YOU DIDN'T TELL HIM TO COME DID YOU?"

"If by him you mean Ron then no I didn't invite him," Ginny replied calmly.

Hermione sighed to herself, she remembered coming here to get school supplies with her friends. They'd walked to each of the shops, ticking things off the list. Mrs Weasley herding them.She had such happy memories from this place. Getting her wand in Ollivanders, getting her cat Crookshanks, opening her first account in Gringotts. She'd brought her parent with her the first year but after that she had opted to go with the Weasleys and Harry.

It and taken a long time to restore the alley to how it was before the war, but to any young witch or wizard it would look as if nothing had ever happened. Hermione hadn't gone back to her work as a healer after Rose had been born but she was planning to go back once she got her daughter a place in a muggle school. She thought it very important for her daughter to be educated before she went to Hogwarts.

Hermione could see Ginny constantly looking back over at the door and it was really starting to get on her nerves, she could see in her friends face she was disappointed. What she was disappointed at though, Hermione didn't know.

Hermione finally let herself be absorbed by the pages of the book she had open on her lap. She finally become one of the characters going along on the journey, a if she was actually living it. 

After the war books of her and the boys adventures had been published so of course Hermione had read them. Though the author had twisted parts of the story to make a better story most of it was perfect. The epilogue however had stated that she would stay with Ron and they'd have a second child-Hugo-although Ron had always said he wanted a second child Hermione had never been sure. The idea of going through the pregnancy a gain was scary enough.

In her eyes Rose was perfect. She was intelligent, beautiful and not afraid to speak her mind. Rose was her world and she was happy to have her in her life but the thought of another child was daunting to Hermione.

"Ginny, would you quite looking over to the door, you're driving me insane!" Hermione told her best-friend who still hadn't sat down.

"Okay, okay. Merlin! I'm not doing anything wrong," Ginny joked trying to take Hermione's mind off everything.

Hermione looked back down at her book but was interrupted a few seconds later when the door to the shop was opened.

<please check out my other stories>